Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Just leaked: 8 new nuclear power plants for UK

Eyesaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
The problem with nuclear is the huge expense.

Coal is plentiful and with the new technologies it releases little pollution and also provides CO2 to make the Earths plant life flourish. The logical way to go.

How is it logical?? If we build more coal power stations it will use up an already dwindling resource even faster, it'll pump more rubbish into the atmosphere and we will soon have to look for another source of energy. We need a source which is abundant, releases a lot of energy and little pollution - nuclear.

Posted
The problem with nuclear is the huge expense.

Coal is plentiful and with the new technologies it releases little pollution and also provides CO2 to make the Earths plant life flourish. The logical way to go.

I have to disagree there... CO2 is the warming gas that traps heat! how can this be logical?

Yes they can us static to remove soot, but Coal is NOT the way forward. :doh:

Fusion is possible, but requires large amounts of HEAT and ENERGY, so much so that it is pointless to do. The sun demonstraights the energy of fusion however unless we develop a cold way of fusing particles together then we will never use this method.

In response to earlier opinions about storing hydrogen, they must have solved the problem seeming as Honda are producing 200 hyrdorgen fuelled cars over the next 3 years. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7456141.stm

SNOW-MAN2006

How is it logical?? If we build more coal power stations it will use up an already dwindling resource even faster, it'll pump more rubbish into the atmosphere and we will soon have to look for another source of energy. We need a source which is abundant, releases a lot of energy and little pollution - nuclear.

There is a huge abundance of coal on Earth. Enough for thousands of years and with the new pollution control tech only the CO2 is released to make the worlds plant life flourish and feed the world.

Posted
There is a huge abundance of coal on Earth. Enough for thousands of years and with the new pollution control tech only the CO2 is released to make the worlds plant life flourish and feed the world.

Thousands?! I am sorry but I have to hugely disagree with this. I have done a little research on the web, and according to Wikipedia (not the most reliable source I know but it is good enough) there is around 150 years of coal left.

I really do not understand your views on CO2. If there is global warming and it is caused by CO2, then it is starving the poorest nations on earth through drought. You cannot stop CO2 from entering the atmosphere unless it is channeled underground or something.

Thousands?! I am sorry but I have to hugely disagree with this. I have done a little research on the web, and according to Wikipedia (not the most reliable source I know but it is good enough) there is around 150 years of coal left.

I really do not understand your views on CO2. If there is global warming and it is caused by CO2, then it is starving the poorest nations on earth through drought. You cannot stop CO2 from entering the atmosphere unless it is channeled underground or something.

If? Caused by maybe? What if it is cooling and CO2 is beneficial?(it is fact that increased CO2 makes plants grow faster)

Posted
If? Caused by maybe? What if it is cooling and CO2 is beneficial?(it is fact that increased CO2 makes plants grow faster)

I know CO2 enhances plant growth, but it is no consolation if it is causing the deaths of millions of people. I am sitting on the fence in terms of global warming, that is why I am using "if" and "maybe".

I know CO2 enhances plant growth, but it is no consolation if it is causing the deaths of millions of people. I am sitting on the fence in terms of global warming, that is why I am using "if" and "maybe".

If the economy continues on it's present course and has a meltdown that will be a far worse toll on the world's poor. And a cool climate will kill more people than a warm climate.(less food available)