Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Hurricane watch

Posted

With the storm chase 08 over and mostly done till 2009. I was wondering if the hurricane watch thread could be moved to the top of the forum to where the storm chase forum is at the moment?

its a busy forum at the moment and its only got busier over the next few months and would be good way of attracting more members who are interested in hurricanes.

http://www.netweather.tv/forum/index.php?showforum=80

so think it would be good for the site and for the hurricane to get it moved for a few months.

:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds
With the storm chase 08 over and mostly done till 2009. I was wondering if the hurricane watch thread could be moved to the top of the forum to where the storm chase forum is at the moment?

its a busy forum at the moment and its only got busier over the next few months and would be good way of attracting more members who are interested in hurricanes.

http://www.netweather.tv/forum/index.php?showforum=80

so think it would be good for the site and for the hurricane to get it moved for a few months.

:)

I think this is a good idea. In the summer, the hurricane forum often gets lost within the storms section. Obviously there is less interest in the Winter (though I don't think so :) ) so it may not work then as Cookie says. But for the Summer, I like the idea.

Posted

Its an idea IMO to do that for when a storm threatens the USA in some form, otherwise not sure if the traffic produced would justify it...but for systems like Dolly right now there probably is enough interest to justify it.

Posted

I'm not 100% sure on this tbh, you could do the same with uk storms, snow reports and anything that may be popular for a bit. You're right that the chase forum is soon to drop back again, but that really is a special case as it's ongoing coverage of a netweather based activity. Shunting forums about for weather events could make things very messy and hard to follow.

We put the hurricane forum into its own area last year and I think that's worked pretty well, what we can look to do is let people know it's there when there is a major hurricane so they know where to look, so I'll make sure that's done at least :drunk:

Posted

I have to agree with Paul, yep it can be fairly active when a hurricane is making landfall but no more active then say a storms thread when a severe set-up is present.

The only time I think it could work is if an exceptional event was happening, AKA Katrina/Andrew type hurricane.