Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports.

Greyowl

Posted

big tropical type rainstorm with lots of thunder just past here lightning affecting lights wind went wild not sure if there would be a funnel sighting anytime now !

Edited by biddie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Big thunderstorm in UEA Norwich- not much lightning, but almost continuous thunder for 20 minutes.

That's the 4th storm since I came back to UEA just under two weeks ago!

Posted

Just poppeed outside for a smoke when i saw a flash of lightning,it appears to be towards kettering but the clouds are heading my way.No thunder just inter cloud activity,it does look quite spectacular.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.
Big thunderstorm in UEA Norwich- not much lightning, but almost continuous thunder for 20 minutes.

That's the 4th storm since I came back to UEA just under two weeks ago!

Storm no. 5 flashed away to the SW for a good 50 minutes or so between 9 and 10pm.

Posted

A fantastic show here last night (August 6th) between 10:30pm and 12:15am. This was followed by another storm at around 2am so I have been reliably informed.

Today (August 7th) saw a thunderstorm brew up this evening around 7pm, and throughout the evening lightning has been visible to the north and west.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold

What a day here, around a hot and very humid 15:30 in the afternoon cu clouds going up like a rocket twice the size in no longer than 5 mins subsequently a storm ensued. Rolling thunder and frequent high lightning with moderate to heavy rain. Lasted about 30mins. Lots of picturesque cu and cbs. Finished martial arts training at 20:45 and noticed anvil to the southwest headed that direction on the bypass until reaching the A11 then heading due south into the storm. Not long down that road at Wymondham frequent cloud to cloud lightning and getting darker. Reached near Attleborough further south of Norwich and spotted low base rolling cloud storm front well defined with it being backlit by some fantastic lightning. Moved quickly before it reached me to keep ahead of the storm back towards Norwich continued frequent lightning and then a very heavy 30 mins of terrential rain. Scary stuff on the roads! Died off quickly at around 22:00-22:30. Only wish I had a camcorder and camera.