Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Today's weather (aka general weather chat)

Zenarcher

Continue here.

Castlebay Isle Of Barra

Outdoor temp 14.1c

Outdoor humidity 82%

Pressure 1011.3mb

Wind direction West

Wind speed 8mph

Cloud Height 384m

Rain in last hour 0.0mm

Rain in last 24hours 0.5mm

Total rainfall 27.0mm

Dewpoint 11.1c

Windchill 14.1c

Weather Cloudy dry dull

Posted

16.4 DgC

1020.4 mb rising 0.4 mb/hr

Wind 9.2 mph gusting 11.7 mph max W/NW

DP 13.9 DgC

Humidity 85%

No rain last 24 hours

Cloud base 1043 ft

Very dark and grim again this morning, lights on during the morning commute in August????? :o

I though SAD was a Winter complaint?

Guest Shetland Coastie

Gulberwick, Shetland

Temp: 12.6C

Dewpoint: 11.7C

Overnight min: 10.9C @ 0537

Wind: SW @ 2.9mph

Max gust last hr: 8mph @ 0815

Max gust today: as above

Pressure: 1004.6 hPa (falling)

Humidity: 94%

Rainfall today: 0.5mm

Cloud base: 527ft

Dreich, light rain/mist

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Very dull although warm at 18.5c after an overnight low of 17.7c.

Quite breezy which was fun to fight against on my way in this morning! Hope we get some sun today - it's just been so damn dull lately. It seems you can get SAD in summer!

Posted

Another completely cloudy day. Unfortunately I dont measure sunshine figures here, but this August has to be one of the dullest on record. I can count on one hand the number of days this month that we've had more than a couple of hours of sunshine. The weekend doesnt look like changing this either.

One expected side effect is the high minima, so far this month we havent had a temperature below 10.9C, so we're on course to equal the record highest low minimum temperature set in 2002.

Last night was no exception to this trend, we had a minima of 16.3C. The temperature since has risen slowly to 18.2C. It reminds me of one of those dull easterlies in winter without a cold source, predominently mild, but with little variation between day and night temperatures.

Edited by reef

Posted

Hilariously poor winters day. Low cloud permanently, no sunshine and periods of rain. A laughable maximum of 10C, a fair whack below what it should be at this time of the year. Fortunately, an improvement is on the way for the weekend.

Sunshine to date this month: 130 hours. The weekend should quite easily knock that up to 140+. So pretty good, but not a patch on August 2007.

Todays highest: 20C in Kawerau.

Posted

Time 12:55 Greece time

Air temperature : 33,2 C

Humidity : 30 %

Wind : NW 22 km/h

Pressure rel : 1015,6 hpa steady

Dew point : 14,3 C

clouds : 0/8 sky clear

Daily rain : 0,0 mm

Rain month : 6,6 mm

Rain year 2008 :168,4 mm

Greek weather stations top 100

http://greece.gotop100.com/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

A poor poor day here once again, dull miserable and very cool feeling. 18C but feeling more like 13C in the breeze. Autumn is here (here)

Posted
A poor poor day here once again, dull miserable and very cool feeling. 18C but feeling more like 13C in the breeze. Autumn is here (here)

Morning Steve B)

Yes it's the same here, its a very miserable day indeed with lots of cloud, cool and breezy.

The only good thing is that it is dry, which is a rarity

Wind Speed 8.7 mph

Wind Gust 12.5 mph

Wind Direction 234.0 degrees

Outside Temperature 18.3 Celsius

Outside Humidity 55.0 %

Outside Dewpoint 9.0 Celsius

Atmospheric Pressure 1016.0 mbars

Inside Temperature 22.3 Celsius

Inside Humidity 57.0 %

Rainfall Today 0 mm

WindChill 15.8 Celsius

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Dry cloudy weather here as well, and very reminiscent of those "easterly" days that I got particularly used to in Tyne & Wear. Temperature 19C (Norwich Airport).

Yesterday and today continue the strange trend for the dry days to be the dullest of the month. The traditional inverse relationship between sunshine and rainfall is emphatically reflected in this month's statistics, but it certainly hasn't been reflected in the daily weather here. It's quite common for daily sunshine and rainfall be positively correlated during the winter half-year, but it's somewhat unusual in high summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter, warm and sunny in summer

Another cloudy day here, although much brighter than yesterday so I have hope that the sun may break through sometime in the afternoon.

It's frustrating because after looking at the models last Friday I got it into my head that we would have a last proper taste of summer here from Wednesday onwards. Oh well, there's always the weekend!!

Posted
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme winter cold,heavy bowing snow,freezing fog.Summer 2012
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet

Has been another warm and overcast night. Staying cloudy up to reading time, though a few thinner brighter patches beginning to show.

Readings at 10:00 – 09:00 GMT

Sky Conditions, 8 Oktas, Stratocumulus.

Temperature 17.3°C

Barometer 1019.0mb, steady.

Wind Force 3 W.

24-hour extremes

Maximum temperature 20.3°C

Minimum temperature 16.4°C

Minimum temperature on grass 15.0°C

Rain = 0.0mm

Yesterday, 26 August 2008

Has been a warm and overcast night, with the minimum temperature only falling to 16.2c. At reading time, overcast, mild and dry. The morning and afternoon remained disappointingly cloudy, though there were a few glimpses of the sun, the westerly wind was quite strong again at times, gusting to 25mph. Top temperature 20.3c.

Paul

Posted

Yet another depressingly dull Summers day, but on the plus side it does feel reasonably warm.

Tho August to date has been hideously cool and wet, the stand out feature to date will have to be the lack of sunshine, in fact I've seen far more hours across 26 days in the very depths of Winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Today feels quite cool with that breeze - had to shut the office door unlike yesterday. Grey with fleeting sunshine and made it to 20c. Boring...

Posted
Sunny spells here,and dry at the moment, currently showing 18c, but there is a breeze making it feel cooler, B)

Been very dull drizzly here all morning, dry of the moment though, temp 14.6C. Been dull drizzly/light rain from last 3 days. Yesterdays max 15.1C.

Mark

Teesdale,Co Durham

Posted

I just had a look at last night upper air temps and they are very warm with a west flow, but it wasn`t that warm here down to 13.9c and windy.

As for today thought yesterday was dull but it has topped that with it being darker and some morning drizzle and windy now the wind has dropped and you`ve guessed it/it`s started drizzling again temps hardly moving cooler than yesterday at 14.8c and it feels cool.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Dull mild and breezy. Can't say much more

Posted

Day 27 and still only 2 dry with some drizzle this morning making today a non-starter for dryness even before it had started :lol: .

Hang on, the sun's shining :) . Come on, break through properly, then the temps will rocket from their current 18c .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

seems like were not the only ones that are frustrated - from the BBC forecast..

"but cloud will remain annoyingly stubborn"

Still 18C, and despite the forecasts of warm and muggy nights it just hasnt been the case, its been very comfortable. The humidity really hasnt been a concern at all. Last nights minimum fell to 17.2C which is warm for night but it felt cool, no doubt about it.

Posted

Cloudy start but now the sun is out albeit hazy at times with alot of high cloud around. Actually today is better what i expected, i thought it was going to be mostly overcast with a few breaks but the high cloud is stopping the cloud bubbling up and flattening so therefore we are getting more than just the odd break in the cloud. One thing to note though, the wind is pretty gusty at times and to be honest i never even thought the wind would be as strong as it is.

Posted
Cloudy start but now the sun is out albeit hazy at times with alot of high cloud around. Actually today is better what i expected, i thought it was going to be mostly overcast with a few breaks but the high cloud is stopping the cloud bubbling up and flattening so therefore we are getting more than just the odd break in the cloud. One thing to note though, the wind is pretty gusty at times and to be honest i never even thought the wind would be as strong as it is.

Strange you say that, it was gusty here before but now its gone deathly calm. As a result the humidity has shot up, even the weather station shows it. It was 69% humidity about an hour ago, its now 75%. It will be interesting to see if the temperature shoots up too?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Cloudy 19.1°C

W (17 mph)

Relative Humidity (%): 80,

Pressure (mB): 1020, Falling,

Visibility: Very good (35 km)