Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Today's weather (aka general weather chat)

Zenarcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Extremely dull day here with very low light all day. Lights on & curtains closed before 8 pm - how depressing!

20.8c the max although the breeze made it feel cooler. Roll on the weekend...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Cloudy almost all day, just 6 seconds of sunshine during the late morning. This afternoon the cloud thickened further to bring periods of drizzle and light rain with mist on the hills. A windy morning and early afternoon but the wind decreased significantly from mid-afternoon onwards.

At 1800 g.m.t;

Temp', 14.7c

Max' today, 16.8c

Min' last night, 14.3c

Grass min', 14.0c

Rainfall from 0900-1800, 0.4 mm

Sunshine today, 0.01 hrs

Mean wind speed, 12 mph W

Highest gust today, 34 mph W at 1034 g.m.t

8 oktas stratus and scud

Continuous moderate drizzle

Vis', 3 miles

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Anotrher dull and dreary day with drizzle on and off throughout. Making it increasingly chilly and damp outside and in! Hope the warm spell arrives soon so i can take off my jumper and dont have to put the heating on!

Min: 14.4c @ 0800.

Max: 18.2c @ 1200.

Rain yesterday: 0.6mm.

Currently: Dark and overcast, spots of drizzle.

Temp: 15.5c.

Pressure: 1022 mbar, steady.

Castlebay Isle Of Barra

Outdoor temp 16.5c

Outdoor humidity 80%

Pressure 1014.7mb

Wind direction South East

Wind speed 4mph

Cloud Height 463m

Rain in last hour 0.0mm

Rain in last 24hours 0.5mm

Total rainfall 27.0mm

Dewpoint 12.8c

Windchill 16.5c

Weather Cloudy dry dark

Posted
Being dry is useful allowing me some catch up time in the garden. The green bags are piling up. I am finding the greyness depressing though and no it's not brightening up in the evening just staying the same. Last night it did clear up after the sun had set and I did see a few stars. You got to remember not everyone is seeing the sun during the day you've been lucky.

Must admit that i have certainly been one of the lucky members seeing quite a bit of sunshine today but the point i am trying to make is that people were hoping for a dry spell and when one comes people are still not happy about it.

When Mark said i would rather it be raining than this, i am not sure if he meant persistant rain or convective rainfall - i am sure its the latter as convective showers are more exciting than dull grey weather and if that what he meant then fair enough.

Posted

More drizzle over Bristol than I was expecting yesterday and today which was just about none at all. Which was annoying as I had put the washing out to dry over the last two days and it's still not quite dry.

I wonder if the promised warmer spell is just going to fizzle out into a damp squib?

Edited by Thundersquall

Posted
Must admit that i have certainly been one of the lucky members seeing quite a bit of sunshine today but the point i am trying to make is that people were hoping for a dry spell and when one comes people are still not happy about it.

When Mark said i would rather it be raining than this, i am not sure if he meant persistant rain or convective rainfall - i am sure its the latter as convective showers are more exciting than dull grey weather and if that what he meant then fair enough.

Well any rain better then the dull boring rubbish we had today however as you said i would have prefered the convective showers to persistant rain :D

Edited by mark bayley