Cold?
IGNORED

Netweather Autumn and early Winter Long range forecast update

Paul

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Ach still no forecast for our region. I spotted you've got central Southern England sometime ago we used to be central Northern England. Time South Yorkshire was recognised. We have to do an invasion somewhere me thinks anyone got any spare tanks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
Lol, just for you I'll get central northern England in there on the next update.

Hurray and lot no violence. Tanks stay at base. :D:D:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Good one Paul, I think thats a good shot for the next couple of months or so, Im thinking the jet will be flying low once again so lots of perhaps nice surprises on the way and more of a traditional Autumn.... :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter, warm and sunny in summer

It looks like, if the forecast is correct, that we could have a seasonal autumn and early winter...which would be nice!

Posted
This is what I have Paul...

Sorry for being dumb however i was wondering what that chart meant, I'm not as knowledgeable as some of you guys :D I will have a guess, is it something to do with high pressure and low pressure or something?

Edited by mark bayley

Posted
This is what I have Paul...

Could be a very stormy/very wet autumn this year then, as those years 1998-2001 some the worst autumn storms seen and heaviest torrential rain during any autumn well heaviest rain ever, the period during sept for flooding 1999, october for the damaging storms,hope for more colder air in the mix.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Forecaster Centaurea Weather
Sorry for being dumb however i was wondering what that chart meant, I'm not as knowledgeable as some of you guys :D I will have a guess, is it something to do with high pressure and low pressure or something?

Spot on Mark. These represent 500mb height anomalies. Blue = below, red = above. These are generally a good guide to surface pressure and overall weather patterns and they do indicate an unsettled autumn. There is already a cue of tropical depressions starting to develop in the Atlantic off Africa with the first of them potentially finding its way into the jet at day 10.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

I imagine with depression after depression an average Autumn could well be the case, but with higher than average minimum temperatures but lower than average maximums, and very wet. I imagine the tropical depression moving up could well bring some close, sticky days though.

Posted
Sep - Nov

Really ought to have read it more closely. Will have a look at creating some 500mb anomaly charts for our stuff, will be an interesting comparison.

Posted

Thanks Paul B) Very interesting forecast, and I've got to say much more useful than the effort put out today by our national forecast organisation. :good: Though I recognise its horses for courses and they have a lot more scrutiny than Netweather or any other independent forecaster.

I've just read over on TWO that the CFS model is painting a cooler picture now for winter. Any views on this?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
I've just read over on TWO that the CFS model is painting a cooler picture now for winter. Any views on this?

Any forcast that suggest a cooler picture for winter is going to imply a milder winter

Id prefer a forcast for record heat for the winter ,then i can get my snow shoes out :good:

Posted

How did I miss this?!

One word comes to mind - average! :doh: