Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Stormy Skies

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Had a cracking t-storm this afternoon, luckily I had camera in hand!....Pic 1 is a still from a video I shot earlier showing some IC lightning....The rest were shot as the cell retreated eastwards...The camera used is a Samsung l830 using a mixture of zoom and default settings.......enjoy! :rofl:

sl381019.jpg

sl381016.jpg

sl381015.jpg

sl381014.jpg

sl381012.jpg

sl381011.jpg

sl381017.jpg

sl381020.jpg

Had a cracking t-storm this afternoon, luckily I had camera in hand!....Pic 1 is a still from a video I shot earlier showing some IC lightning....The rest were shot as the cell retreated eastwards...The camera used is a Samsung l830 using a mixture of zoom and default settings.......enjoy! :D

sl381019.jpg

nice pics aj,I noticed you caught a lightning shot there,is it luck to do so or is there a knack to it?

Edited by hannegan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Basically it can be done in 2 ways, taking a video then pausing/stopping it during the lightning bolt and saving the picture.

Secondly (and the most professional way) is to use shutter speed, this basically takes the picture over a certain amount of time, say for instance 5 seconds. Basically anything within the picture during the 5 seconds is included, though this can be disrupted if the angle of the camera is moved or anything gets infront of the camera that shouldn't be.

Nice pics AJPoolshark.

P.S, 9ball race to 10 for a Score note? :D

Edited by The watcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
nice pics aj,I noticed you caught a lightning shot there,is it luck to do so or is there a knack to it?

I would say that its all skill, but that would be such a 'porky' that my nose would grow 3 ft ;)

Nope, more luck than judgement....I put the camera on video record mode, trained it on a part of the sky that had frequent lightning, and recorded 2 minutes of footage...Then, used video capture software to scan the footage frame by frame until I found the 'still' that I wanted.......All smoke and mirrors I'm afraid! :)