Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Today's weather (aka General weather chat)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Well it was a damp walk back from the pub. I've done well today always being inside as the rain bands pass. Must have been a lot of rain fall during my drinking time at the pub as roads have been turned to rivers and walking under trees gets you rained on. Got especially wet opening the gate to our estate which shakes a big bush as you move it!

29mm has fallen today - 10mm of which fell in 20 mins this evening. A staggeringly wet day indeed. Temp stuck at 14.5c.

Posted

I have just retired to bed and the rain is torrential and has been the same for the last 4 hours!!!! I have never in all me 37 yrs , ever known rain this heavy for so long.............

what on earth is happening to our climate????

I suspect the mornings news will be full of reports of more floods only this time in the Derbyshire area.............

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Be careful out there guys, the roads are bad after this rain, especially with all the grease that has built up over the "summer". I litrally just crashed by car swerving around a cat, so please be careful everyone

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow
I have just retired to bed and the rain is torrential and has been the same for the last 4 hours!!!! I have never in all me 37 yrs , ever known rain this heavy for so long.............

what on earth is happening to our climate????

I suspect the mornings news will be full of reports of more floods only this time in the Derbyshire area.............

It sure is poor weather..got soaked Friday morning in only a few mins B) I also have a feeling there will be more reports of floods in the morning with that rain band still around.

Current Outdoor Temp : 12.6C- falling slowly

Posted

Torrential rain coming here, Greater Manchester has been included in the flash warnings now.

Posted

Weather Report From Blakenhall, Cheshire

CW57NP - (53.02, -2.41)

01:30 AM

Current Temperature: 13.0 degrees

Dew Point: 12.7 degrees

Pressure: 984.9mb Falling

Humidity: 98%

Rainfall since 00:00: 2.07mm

Outlook: Rain

Rain continues to fall here - and the count from yesterday finally weighed in at 23.83mm, making it the wettest day since June 25th, 2007, when my part of the world saw a good inch and a half. Additionally, a maximum temperature of 13.9 made September 5th the coolest day since May 17th this year.

Posted

Rain almost constant from 10am Friday until now, varying from light to torrential but consistently very heavy from about 2-5.30pm, as well as a number of intense bursts since midnight. Drains struggled to cope and some roads were blocked. The Severn has risen several feet in last 24 hours- all in all a fitting climax to a dismal summer.

Posted

Strong/Gale force E/NE wind very gusty periods of heavy driving rain, truely wild night for the time of year. Looks set for next 36hrs with slow improvement.

Mark

Teesdale,Co Durham

Edited by Tucco

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

Its blowing a HOOLIE out side and guess what , yep its still raining,, 17.1mm rain accumulated already this morning 24.9mm accumulated yesteday, its grey its horrible,

Temp= 12.9c

Pressure 991.2hpa

wind direction North East

wind speed 26.8mph {Gust}

dew point 11.9c

Humidity 94%

nigel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Overcast and foggy with continuous light rain here. We had some very heavy rain during the early hours of this morning but haven't been out to do any readings yet so don't know how much. Buxton has had 33 mm since midnight on top of the 38 mm they had in the 24 hours up to midnight yesterday, I don't think we'll have had as much as that but a very wet day yesterday nontheless.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!
Its blowing a HOOLIE out side and guess what , yep its still raining,, 17.1mm rain accumulated already this morning 24.9mm accumulated yesteday, its grey its horrible,

Temp= 12.9c

Pressure 991.2hpa

wind direction North East

wind speed 26.8mph {Gust}

dew point 11.9c

Humidity 94%

nigel

Its great nigel im loving it even though i have been awake half the night my window is east facing. Going to high force waterfall this morning i think. Still torrential now. Posting this on my mobile if my grammar is not too good.

Guest Shetland Coastie

Gulberwick Weather Station - Shetland

Lovely morning, bright sunshine with scattered cloud.

Latest obs @ 0755 BST

Temp: 10.4C

Dewpoint: 8.2C

Overnight min: 9.1C @ 0258

Wind: NE @ 13.6mph

Max gust last hr: 18.8mph @ 0720

Max gust today: as above

Pressure: 1007 hPa (steady)

Humidity: 86%

Rainfall today: 0.0mm

Cloud Base: 1064ft

Posted

Just been outside to check Rain gauge , and its full , 60mm has fallen since Thursday afternoon , 1400hrs

nigel

Its great nigel im loving it even though i have been awake half the night my window is east facing. Going to high force waterfall this morning i think. Still torrential now. Posting this on my mobile if my grammar is not too good.

Morning Mark

you be careful down there , i went a few years back , its a wonderful place, sscenery is great, especially the waterfall , could be a torrent lol

nigel

Posted

the tees is high but be very careful high force is a dangerous area under such conditions. At work unless i would try get a few pics

Mark

teesdale co durham

Posted

It has finally stopped raining here although it's still overcast and the clouds look pretty ominous. I can't believe how much rain we've had.

Temperature 14.3ºc

Feels like 14.3ºc

Dew point 12.9ºc

Humidity 91%

Pressure 987.8hPa

Average windspeed 2.2mph

Maximum gust 5.4mph

Rainfall last 24 hours 49.2mm

Posted

Dry and bright with some sun atm after yesterdays 38mm of rain here. The river Otter has gone down a lot but the river Exe is still very high this morning http://eathorvertonwebcam.org.uk/index2.html thats a great webcam to see the height of the river Exe, yesterday evening it was over the fields you can see in the corner of cam 2!

Stats now as of 9:00

Out temp: 14.6C

Dew point: 12.8

Humidity: 89%

Pressure: 992.9 hpa

Wind: 3 gust 6mph (S)

Rain today: 0.0mm

Posted
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme winter cold,heavy bowing snow,freezing fog.Summer 2012

morning all,

An extremely wet 24 hours here, over 33mm since 10:00am yesterday and it’s still raining, moderate again now, full report just after 10:00am.

Paul

Posted
morning all,

An extremely wet 24 hours here, over 33mm since 10:00am yesterday and it's still raining, moderate again now, full report just after 10:00am.

Paul

Morning Paul, well what a night, i posted just after midnight about the torrential rain and when I woke up at 8.30 this morning it was still raining very heavily. what's the state of the trent??.... we are taking all the kids flood hunting today.i know seems bad but its fun ...........

thr derwent should be gushing today..........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme winter cold,heavy bowing snow,freezing fog.Summer 2012
Morning Paul, well what a night, i posted just after midnight about the torrential rain and when I woke up at 8.30 this morning it was still raining very heavily. what's the state of the trent??.... we are taking all the kids flood hunting today.i know seems bad but its fun ...........

thr derwent should be gushing today..........

Morning Torz,

Yes indeed, has easily been the wettest 24 hours since I began my records almost 5 years ago, amazingly I think the Trent valley has had even more rain, only 2 miles away from me, as I got caught in a torrential downpour last night, which we missed here in Stanton, was only light here at that time, about 19:00hrs.

I would imagine the Trent is already flooding, although I haven’t looked yet, just be careful mate.

Paul

Posted

An overcast but dry start today after the heavy rain last night which added 11.2mm to the 20mm we recieved yesterday. It was a mild night as a result though, min temp 13.7C, currently 15.3C.

Posted

Has been an extremely wet 24 hours, with 41.1 mm measured since 09:00GMT yesterday. The day dawned wet with further outbreaks of moderate to heavy rain.

At observation, moderate to heavy rain, although not as windy as yesterday.

Readings at 10:00 – 09:00 GMT

Sky Conditions, 8 Oktas, Nimbostratus.

Temperature 13.9°C

Barometer 989.0mb, rising.

Wind Force 3 SE.

24-hour extremes

Maximum temperature 15.0°C

Minimum temperature 13.3°C

Minimum temperature on grass 12.0°C

Rain = 41.1mm

Yesterday, 05 September 2008

A dull rainy and windy start to the day. At observation time, light to moderate rain, accompanied by a fresh to strong easterly wind. The day continued with light to moderate rain, with the easterly wind gusting to 32mph. The evening and night continued very wet with further moderate to heavy rain. Top temperature 15.0c.

Paul