Radar
Pollen
IGNORED

Garden photos at September

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
    Hello i have some photos from my garden today

Oraia Poli!

Great pictures Dimitris, is that banana a Musa Basjoo? or something more exotic. I have often thought about a Pomegranate but never got around to it. Do you have any olive trees? or any more pictures of your garden?

This is my friends garden (not mine), I hope it's ok to post on here, but it gives you an idea of what can be achieved in UK (being virtually sub-Arctic)

2777940156_2f945aea9f_b.jpg

Posted

Thank you Stephen ,no i do not have any oil tree.Banana is like Musa Basjoo yes .

Today afternoon i ate some pomegranate :lol: .

Your friend garden is GREAT ,i see he have and banana ? live the banana tree at UK ?!!

The winter Banana in the UK i thing it will have problem with cold days ,he put something plastic over it for protection it ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
    Thank you Stephen ,no i do not have any oil tree.Banana is like Musa Basjoo yes .

Today afternoon i ate some pomegranate :) .

Your friend garden is GREAT ,i see he have and banana ? live the banana tree at UK ?!!

The winter Banana in the UK i thing it will have problem with cold days ,he put something plastic over it for protection it ?

It is so nice to be able to eat fruit off your own tree :lol:

Actually despite UK's reputation as a cold country, here on the coast Musa basjoo and Musa sikkimensis grows well and does not need to be protected or covered. Quite a lot of gardeners in UK have a tropical theme in gardening, and quite a lot of people grow bananas with no cover in winter.

Nothing in his garden is covered in the winter because the average absolute minimum in winter is about -2C, and typically a minimum temperature is about 3 or 4C so they are OK.

Thats a nice olive tree in the picture I imagine that is 100+ years old?

If you are surprised to see lots of tropical/sub-tropical plants in UK, visit: www.hardytropicals.co.uk (and forum), to see more.

Archived