Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Daily Express at it again

Posted

I can understand why equally desperate sections of the written media might give this nut job the oxygen of publicity (no rocket science there), but quite why so many intelligent people on this Forum get suckered into wasting their valuable time even looking at his skull numbing drivel totally baffles me.

In my opinion the guy is a publicity seeking, egotistical buffoon, who time and time again undermines, devalues and embarrasses the meteorological community by mixing weather forecasting up with soothsaying, stargazing and fits of wild, foundationless marketing.

His forecasts are about as much use as a Wollies voucher thats valid from the end of next week.

Try his new affiliates site if you need proof... www.BlatentWeatherScaremongeringStillMakesMoney.com

Posted

Jentom, that link doesn't go anywhere. Any chance of a fix?

I think you have been had Daily Express style :lol:

www.noaa.com/150inchsnowflakes.html

Edited by Chassisbot

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

WARNING: Arctic weather predicted !!!!!!!!!!!!!, They say it every winter, at the start of summer next year we will get, WARNING : HEATWAVES or some crap like that

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

They are at it again! At first I thought could it be? They have written something factual for a change? Of course not. They then go onto say that this will be colder than 1962-63 and 1740, the coldest winters we have ever seen:

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/78378

Posted
They are at it again! At first I thought could it be? They have written something factual for a change? Of course not. They then go onto say that this will be colder than 1962-63 and 1740, the coldest winters we have ever seen:

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/78378

Love how they say "as the cold SNAP continues" . just goes to show how clueless they are!

Be like having a 4 course snack for dinner lol!

Posted
Love how they say "as the cold SNAP continues" . just goes to show how clueless they are!

Be like having a 4 course snack for dinner lol!

Yeah why are the media repeatedly calling it a cold snap? A snap is just that, a quick, brief, cold snap of weather. I would hardly call a few weeks a cold snap!

Posted

what a load of complete rhubarb, they've based an entire article on a qoute which starts "There's no way of knowing"!!!!! Its a good job nobody reads it!

Edited by trickydicky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

today apparently according to the express we are in the grip of a mini ice age... :cold:

Posted
today apparently according to the express we are in the grip of a mini ice age... :blush:

I just read that one. :D They also say "The freezing weather has called into question the notion of global warming.". :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
I just read that one. :D They also say "The freezing weather has called into question the notion of global warming.". :)

Yeah, I heard that gem on 5-live thismorning. :blush:

Posted

Apparently, today's Star has something in it to the effect that...If January is cold, wait till February...

Posted
Anybody got any idea where they pulled the 1.7C figure from?

its written as if it was intended for a class of under 6's or for a kids book about weather. Who says the BBC is dumbing down eh!

Posted
Apparently, today's Star has something in it to the effect that...If January is cold, wait till February...

Yeah Daily Star reckons it will be the coldest February for 70 years with temps as low as -15C, this from Jonathan Powell AT Positive Weather Solutions - not sure of their track record.

Posted
Yeah Daily Star reckons it will be the coldest February for 70 years with temps as low as -15C, this from Jonathan Powell AT Positive Weather Solutions - not sure of their track record.

Never Heard of them! :D

Posted

He correctly predicted the wettest Christmas on record ........

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/75726

.... oh, wait .... :D

Edited by Essan

Posted

I think the figure of 1.7 degrees is referring to the first part of the month, though it is very poorly worded and there is no definite limit on what this "first part of the month" is (it could well have been the first few night-time hours or something). Would have also been nice to have the average for the whole of the month present, seems a tiny bit selective to me, that.

Posted
I think the figure of 1.7 degrees is referring to the first part of the month, though it is very poorly worded and there is no definite limit on what this "first part of the month" is (it could well have been the first few night-time hours or something). Would have also been nice to have the average for the whole of the month present, seems a tiny bit selective to me, that.

Cherry picking. The BBC are very selective about which figures they publish. In Scotland they have a journalist who produces an article on global warming "climate change" with a quote from a WWF member every time there is an above average month. Search for it, it's pretty pathetic.

Posted

I reckon we should have a "weather rubbish in the media" thread, it would be 40 pages long within a week...

Edited by nick2702