Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Daily Express at it again

Jonathan Powell/Positive Weather Solutions provide the forecasts for the local radio stations here in West Wales. I cant ever remember one of their forecasts being right!

I think despite the name John Powell, it's a different one.

Posted
I think the figure of 1.7 degrees is referring to the first part of the month, though it is very poorly worded and there is no definite limit on what this "first part of the month" is (it could well have been the first few night-time hours or something). Would have also been nice to have the average for the whole of the month present, seems a tiny bit selective to me, that.

It may well refer to the 1st half of the month. Either way, it is incredibly sloppy, disingenuous writing. As well as being written in an infantile style.

Edited by Nick H

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
I think this picture is quite appropriate in this thread!

:clap::diablo: that's brilliant

Edited by James M

Posted

Who is the Met Office's Stepehen Holman? Every tabloid quotes him hen they are giving forecasts of arctic freezes or storms or heatwaves, does he actually exist and is having a laugh? Is he mis-quoted everytime, ill anyone else from the met office speak to the tabloids. Hias name in google brings at elast twenty weather quotes about the dreadful, weather to come.

Posted
Who is the Met Office's Stephen Holman? Every tabloid quotes him hen they are giving forecasts of arctic freezes or storms or heatwaves, does he actually exist and is having a laugh? Is he mis-quoted everytime, ill anyone else from the met office speak to the tabloids. Hias name in google brings at elast twenty weather quotes about the dreadful, weather to come.

Another parallel thread running on TWO might help: theweatheroutlook.com

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

http://dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/81780...cord-wet-winter

DOH!! :):drunk::)

Not again, for christ sake this is getting ridiculous all in the name of Selling Papers, and there is that name again from Positive Weather Solutions

Posted
http://dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/81780...cord-wet-winter

DOH!! :):drunk::)

Not again, for christ sake this is getting ridiculous all in the name of Selling Papers, and there is that name again from Positive Weather Solutions

I rather suspect that Jonathan Powell of positive weather solutions is pals with a member of the editorial staff with the Express.

Editorial promotion is about 3-4 more times effective as a marketing tool than direct advertising

• 9 months later...
Posted

Daily Express front page bottom right..........85mph Storms To Hit Britain Today

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

"Icy Storms" LOL And in Lapland it's currently -22C, if we had that here i think we would all freeze to death

• 1 month later...
Posted

We all knew the Daily Express would be the first newspaper to start the 'Big Freeze' story........ :rofl:

BRITAIN BRACED FOR FIRST BIG WINTER FREEZE

Edited by yamkin