Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Some random shots

Slinky

Posted

Hi all not been on for a while so thought I would post up a few of my most recent photos, hope you enjoy.

1- A Long tailed tit

2793103429_88eb713ebf_b.jpg

2- A migrant hawker dragonfly in flight

2853443806_94153b2225_b.jpg

3- The Moon

2695612438_b806f504a6_b.jpg

4- A shrew (not such a good image, sorry)

2732990696_11def9cdea_b.jpg

Not sure how they will appear on site, you might need to click the images to get full view? Take care all and enjoy whats left of the weekend!!

(All images are reduced in size and quality, to fit on forum)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Those are absolutely brilliant Slinky, what camera do you use? I don't know how you can say that Shrew shot isn't such a good image, it's my favourite one of the lot.

Edited by James M

Posted

Thanks James :D I use a Canon 40D. Its good to hear you like the shrew, I am not so keen on it as I had waited such a long time for the little critter and had got the perfect composition in my head, but he decided to come along in totaly the wrong direction to what I was expecting and I just managed to get that shot before he was gone!

Loubz as usual you are way way Way to kind! Still we even now as I am still seriously jealous of your daughter shot you did! :D Hope your well honey!

Thank you Somerset Squall, I must admit I am quite pleased with how the moon shot turned out :)

Thank you all for taking the time to look and comment! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

Nice, sorry NICE :D

I am extremely impressed with the Dragonfly.

I also like random, its definitely me :D

Regards,

Russ.

Posted
Nice, sorry NICE :)

I am extremely impressed with the Dragonfly.

I also like random, its definitely me :doh:

Regards,

Russ.

Thanks Russ :) the dragonfly was very quick and quite hard to get a shot of!

Posted

Brilliant pictures mate B)

I need to get back into photography! I haven't really used the camera much this year. Mountaineering will start again in about a month though so that will hopefuly give me some inspiration!

Posted
Beautiful pictures Slinky, they're all very good but my personal favourite is the moonshot, absolutely amazing!

Aww thanks Sticky :) I am hoping to get some shots of the Orion nebular this winter not sure what they will turn out like as probably need more length, but will keep you posted!

Thanks Ross, I am like that at times and can go an age without bothering to go out photographing. I look forward to seeing your upcoming mountaineering shots! We can compare shots as I came across a mole hill on my travels last week here in the fens :D

Posted

Excellent photos Slinky. Love the Long tailed tit one the best.. Great DOF and colour very vivid and the clarity is great

I have been doing more photography this summer than ever.. Have a right collection now..

Look forward to seeing more off your work in the future.

Posted
Excellent photos Slinky. Love the Long tailed tit one the best.. Great DOF and colour very vivid and the clarity is great

I have been doing more photography this summer than ever.. Have a right collection now..

Look forward to seeing more off your work in the future.

Thanks Kelly, Hope your getting some top shots! Always enjoy seeing your work :doh:

• European State of the Climate 2023 - Widespread flooding and severe heatwaves

The annual ESOTC is a key evidence report about European climate and past weather. High temperatures, heatwaves, wildfires, torrential rain and flooding, data and insight from 2023, Read more here

Jo Farrow
    Jo Farrow
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Chilly with an increasing risk of frost

Once Monday's band of rain fades, the next few days will be drier. However, it will feel cool, even cold, in the breeze or under gloomy skies, with an increasing risk of frost. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Dubai Floods: Another Warning Sign for Desert Regions?

The flooding in the Middle East desert city of Dubai earlier in the week followed record-breaking rainfall. It doesn't rain very often here like other desert areas, but like the deadly floods in Libya last year showed, these rain events are likely becoming more extreme due to global warming. View the full blog here

Nick F
    Nick F
    Latest weather updates from Netweather 2