Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

White Christmas 08

Stuart

Posted
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)
just stuck £10 with betfair at 10-1, pretty amazing considering we are now in predictable range

also - giving free £10 bet - so nothing to loose""

small chance - if its greater than15% its odds on at 10-1

£100 not bad - all we need now is snow in the capital - I'm confident

I've noticed that Betfair state it has to be one falling snow flake on Buckingham Palace and officially recorded by the Met Office.

Posted

I'm really considering putting a bet on but i've never seen snow on xmas day so what are the chances this year ??

i've only been watching models this last couple of winters, so don't really have the knowledge, But if you get your tenner bet back what have i got to lose...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
I'm really considering putting a bet on but i've never seen snow on xmas day so what are the chances this year ??

i've only been watching models this last couple of winters, so don't really have the knowledge, But if you get your tenner bet back what have i got to lose...

umm a tenner?

Posted
umm a tenner?

no u get a tenner free bet, if join up so....

I think thats right from what i read

just stuck £10 with betfair at 10-1, pretty amazing considering we are now in predictable range

also - giving free £10 bet - so nothing to loose""

small chance - if its greater than15% its odds on at 10-1

£100 not bad - all we need now is snow in the capital - I'm confident

Posted

Odds are starting to fall, currently I can only see 7.2 (6/1) to back.

Off course this could change quickly again if the charts tomorrow are not so promising! I got matched at 14/1, but that was a couple of days ago when the colder trend was first beginning to appear.

Posted

Snow Forecast Issued: 2008-12-22 21:35:00

Next update: 2008-12-23 14:00:00

Regions Affected

The UK

Synopsis

Once again there isnt much change to the predictied outlook for Christmas Day. It seems most can expect a cloudy day with perhaps some sunny spells in places but also rather cool. There may be some mist in places too, particularly where there is little wind. Where the cloud is thickest, more likely towards the South of the UK in East Anglia, South East England, The Midlands and perhaps parts of Central Southern England there is the very outside chance of a snow grain or two. Expect 4-7c in the North with 5-9c in the South. In Summary, a dry but dull day with HIGH Pressure in control with some mist in parts and the slight risk of a snow grain or two possible in the South.

http://ukasf.weather2day.com/index.php?nam...st-wc&id=37

post-449-1229984469_thumb.png

Edited by Stuart

Posted
What's the bet for next year!? Anyway....White New Year? :D

Ew Cymro Balch fel minnau,- Oh a Proud Welshman like me

Baswn i'n ddweud 60 y cant am Galennig gwyn ac am nadolig gwyn blwyddyn nesaf pwy a wŷr

I would say 60% for a White calennig here but for Christmas next here who know's.