Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Tissot T-touch Weather Watch

Coast

Posted

tissot-t-touch-expert-08-watch.jpg

Tissot T-Touch Titanium Men Watch

For Men - Strap Color: Orange - Strap Material: Glass, Rubber, Titanium - Features: Alarm, Altimeter, Chronograph, Compass, Scratch Resistant A rugged but super-lightweight multifunction men's watch, with tactile scratch-resistant sapphire glass and black carbon dial, contrasting with a bright orange rubber strap. The rotating bezel houses a compass, and other functions include chronograph, alarm, thermometer, altimeter, barometer and meteo mode for weather trends

Expensive gimmick or useful outdoor gadget?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

I saw an advert for these on TV and I was quite interested, but they seem to be about £300-£400.

I'm thinking of getting one of these for Christmas instead, or maybe something similar.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/Cycle/7/TechTrai...ter/5360021375/

Looks like better value although it's not a watch.

Posted
I saw an advert for these on TV and I was quite interested, but they seem to be about £300-£400.

I'm thinking of getting one of these for Christmas instead, or maybe something similar.

Yup, saw the advert too. Nice looking device but frankly too much money for what it does, especially when I've just found something with similar capabilities for 10% of the price:

www.argos.co.uk

Posted

My camera or mobile phone tells me the time on the odd occasion I need to know (usually when travelling). Or I can use the sun. I know how high I am by looking at the map. I know what the short term weather trend is by looking at the sky and if I want to know whether high pressure is building or a depression is moving in I watch the weather forecast.

So a complete waste of money :(

• 1 month later...
Posted
My camera or mobile phone tells me the time on the odd occasion I need to know (usually when travelling). Or I can use the sun. I know how high I am by looking at the map. I know what the short term weather trend is by looking at the sky and if I want to know whether high pressure is building or a depression is moving in I watch the weather forecast.

So a complete waste of money :D

I'm sure I am the exception, had mine until recently and to be honest Tissot had it more than me.. (3 years with the extension to the warranty due to repairs).

When it did work it was reasonable accurate HPA, Altimeter etc..

The dealer(s) did say that mine seemed to be a a bit of a Lemon, wasn't till the end that it finally got replaced had to threaten small claims court .. Straight on ebay just in case. ;)

Regards Jon

Posted

Had one of these for 4 years with no problems apart from the expense of changing the 4 batteries. I wouldn't have bought it if it was me paying but it was an award.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/part...ext%3ECASIO.htm