Snow Reports October/november 2008

JRMcLeod

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

fullsize.jpg

Skiddaw in the Lake District showing overnight snow cover

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Short snow shower here around 0715 and a few flakes since then.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Fairly sharp hail shower here, cloud has been spilling in from the Irish sea since early evening, not the low cloud I was expecting but rather some small cumulonimbus.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Evidence of lying snow here this morning but melted away in the morning sun. What i can't get my head around is a the night before last when the temperature was ranging from 0c to 1c with a dew point of 0c but it was rain!!! this angered me greatly can anyone please give an explanation?

Cheers

S-S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: autumn, winter, cold, sunny, snow, crisp

Hi all, long time no post i know, love all the new improvements, have been lurking but thought i should report snow in Isle of Man on Tuesday!

Mountain (snaefell) road closed all morning!

please find attached a pic of Autumn Colours with a skittering over the hills in the background. Location: Glen Vine, 6 miles from the east coast. Time taken: 12noon. Camera: Nokia n73 mobile camera.

have attached it as i have not got the ability to "script link" - sorry.

take care, stay safe.

post-1879-1225499082_thumb.jpg

Posted

Not snow, but of interest: We had freezing rain here this morning (Vale of York, North of York). 0.7C and raining. froze on colder services. Took a while to get into the car this morning! luckily roads did not seem to be effected.

Posted

Hi I'm new to the forum. Just to report that the snow reached up to 3 inches deep here on Wed night, after a couple of hours of moderate snowfall. (There had been 2 inches on Tue, with 1 inch remaining on Wed night as the new snowfall began)

SW Birmingham, 286m

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Had some very wet sleet here before with a temp of 6c was very wet and didn't do much, nice to see though. Going over the highest motorway in england (1221 feet) there was some moderate wet snow, Im not sure of the temperature but because it's that high up i'd say at least 3c. Then it turned to sleet then finally to rain as we got lower down. Wasn't expecting sleet from this?

SS

Posted

Sleet Showers and Hail last night at about 6pm here. The Cairn O' Mount had a lot of snow on it last night also.

Posted
Hi I'm new to the forum. Just to report that the snow reached up to 3 inches deep here on Wed night, after a couple of hours of moderate snowfall. (There had been 2 inches on Tue, with 1 inch remaining on Wed night as the new snowfall began)

SW Birmingham, 286m

could you drop that info on where you are and height into your avatar please?

many thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Drove over the Slug Road to work as usual this morning, the view was amazing, completely white from the Cairn O' Mount right up as far as the eye could see. The snow started at 0820 and sitting in the office now in Banchory where there was no snow when i arrived on the ground, now there is about an inch, very large snow flakes been falling for about 20 mins. One of my friends at work travels over the Cairn O'Mount and it is closed due to snow. Its looking very promising here, yet again another good Aberdeenshire snowfall...keep it coming

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter, warm and sunny in summer

I wasn't really expecting snowfall here until possibly later today but it started to snow at 8:50 - just small flakes and pellets but it was quite heavy. It stopped at about 9:10 leaving a thin layer on cars but alas nothing on the ground - yet!!

Posted
Drove over the Slug Road to work as usual this morning, the view was amazing, completely white from the Cairn O' Mount right up as far as the eye could see. The snow started at 0820 and sitting in the office now in Banchory where there was no snow when i arrived on the ground, now there is about an inch, very large snow flakes been falling for about 20 mins. One of my friends at work travels over the Cairn O'Mount and it is closed due to snow. Its looking very promising here, yet again another good Aberdeenshire snowfall...keep it coming

It is even snowing heavily here at sea level in Stonehaven! Not lying except on the cars though.

Posted

I'm currently in Sheffield , but the weather station near home is reporting a sleet shower (camera also on site), see http://www.eastyorkshire.co.uk/eddsfield/ temp 2.2c.

Also report on the radio of snow falling at Malton, fairly close to Eddsfield.

Posted

4º/0ºC and sleeting here - 50/50 mix of icy rain and flakes.

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)

Most unexpected here, a very light snow shower (I mean very light lol), 3.1c, perhaps due to the altitude. Not expecting any more.

Posted

Very heavy snow in Stonehaven (at sea level) for the last 30 mins and it is lying. Really big flakes so I am gettng no work done watching it!