Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Reports October/november 2008

JRMcLeod

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold

A late report but I drove through heavy wet snow on my way from Durham City to Peterlee this morning. Pavements and road were a little white during the shower. The snow that settled on the cars and grass lasted for about an hour max. Temp on the car thermometer said 1.5 during the shower.

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)

Pretty heavy snow shower at 14.30 today, though only for about 10 mins. Stuck to the grass temporarily, at which point temp was 2.8. Now 1.9. In Knaresborough, slightly further east and 150m lower down my friend said it was raining!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold

I forgot to mention the time in my report but for some reason I can't edit it. Anyway, it was about 8:30 this morning and the snow I experience was from Shotton Colliery to the A19.

Posted

Getting a bit concerned about the snow fall now...my drive home is going to be dangerous and i'm hearing reports of heavy snow and dangerous driving conditions

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Been alterniting from rain and sleet most of the day, was not expecting this here in North West england!

Edited by Snow-Storm

Posted

Snow if finally starting to stick here - on wet surfaces too, just in time for the drive home for many people (I walk). Temp seems to have settled at zero for now, DP, -1, wind chill -6.

Posted

Had a few snow and hail showers between 7.30 and 9.00 this morning which left a temporary dusting on the grass.

I have a feeling the snow report section is going to be busy over the next few weeks. :rolleyes:

Posted

Took 45 minutes to drive home when the normal is 20. Still snowing and the regional weather forecast is for heavy snow tonight with another 3cm's expected and even more tomorrow night. They mentioned 3 warmer days and then a return to a Northerly for the end of the week...anyone able to confirm the likelyhood of this???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Sleet and snow showers this evening in Norwich, but with the temperature between 2 and 3C, meaning none of it has settled yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Looked out at 7.30am to see a very few

snow flakes fluttering down.

Settling too.

Temp 1° C with lead grey skies.

Edit: And now at almost 8am.

It's coming down hard, big flakes too,

Ooo, it's all white out there.

BL. B)

Edited by Beverley Lass

Posted

Well at least the wind direction changed eventually.

Snow showers here since 0210, some quite heavy with an increasing and very gusty wind. Around 2cm here, temp -0.5c.

Posted

Overnight gentle flurries left a dusting on cars, bin tops and roofs and on some favoured garden areas. Thus far today I can report falling snow - but of the incredibly gentle variety. Cloud is building and temps around 2 degrees.

Will report if we have anything further more than flurries however - yay for November snow!

Posted

Morning all

I can report snow showers since 7.30 this morning snow is settling on cold areas like grass and outbuilding roofs. However is melting on road surfaces and my drive.

the forecast today is for frequent snow showers or more persistant snow turning heavy with the chance of freezing rain, Ice and snow fall up to 5cm fading away late sunday morning with a return to less colder conditions.

LO

Posted

Little bit of snow resting on the ground in Spennymoor this morning around 8:30, only lasted about an hour or so, with a few very light flurries too, brilliant B)

Posted

Continual snow showers all night and today, at least 5" deep with 12" drifts, current temp -2oC and -0.5oc in Aberdeen. Looking forward to the freezing rain and snow tonight!!!!

Posted

Repeated showers of snow all day here - mainly of the light flurry variety but occasionally heavy with fluffy flakes which is redusting everything temporarily - it then melts off until the next shower with only sheltered areas retaining a thin dusting.

Temps from 0.9 in the heaviest showers to 2.8 max for the day

Hoepfully a few showers will arrive after dark and stick to provide an 'undercoat' for the slathering tomorrow morning might bring!

At least it will be something to wake to as I intend to be up just before the heavy stuff arrives.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice
Repeated showers of snow all day here - occasionally heavy with fluffy flakes

My favourite type of falling snow and if there is already a layer of snow that it is falling onto, everything seems so still and quite

Posted

Was in Dalkeith at a party last night and it was snowing on and off - quite heavy at times, but only covering cars etc. Nothing but rain here in town.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Very light snow shower about three quarters of an hour ago which surprised me as normally with the wind in this direction the showers die out as they cross Norfolk and Suffolk so all in all a result :D

BU

Posted

Blizzard conditions in Wykeham, north Yorkshire on the A170. Road becoming impassable. Been heavy snow on and off all day. 2-3 Inches I would guess.

Heavy snow from Thornton-le-Dale to Scarborough for most of the day. Police advising people not to use the road.

Heavy snow also on the A64 near Scarborough.

A171 very bad between Scarborough and Whitby. The road was closed for a while this morning. I turned back after hearing the reports on the radio.

Saw many accidents on the roads. Not sure why no snowploughs where deployed!

The snow was so heavy it was settling on gritted roads quite easily.

Edited by WS Evolution