Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Anyone Know What This Is?

I was driving through Tamworth, Staffordshire the other day and I saw this, thought it was strange an decided to take a picture with my phone (sorry for the image quality). It looks quite small in the picture but I guess it would have been the size of a block of flats - strangely enough my phone turned itself off and cam on again - coincidence perhaps?

post-8834-1224750428_thumb.jpg

Edited by tyronebishop

Posted

Hi Tyrone :D Welcome to NW. Could you just pop your location in your profile, will stop everone constantly asking.

I don't know myself but I am sure one of the guys or gals will be able to give you some explaination.

Posted

Cant give you any scientific reason, however, it looks like something is coming through the clouds given the edge of the shape on the right hand side....spooky!!

Edited by yeahbabyyeah

Posted
  • Location: Telford, a small town near Shrewsbury, Shropshire!!

Its a fall streak hole. Basically the liquid water droplets freeze and fall leaving a hole in the cloud.

Posted

seems spot on to me M, thanks for that and welcome, nice looking photos at a quick glance on your site, must have a longer look

Posted

Thanks John. Please feel free, nothing on there to worry Bill Gates but i like it! :lol:

Posted

That is one spooky looking photograph, Tyrone, how does it compare with actual coloration from what you recall? Was there that much black and white contrast? My dad was born in Tamworth, by the way, so I can picture the actual landscape, the photo looks like it belongs in a newspaper ad for a horror movie. Another question, did that black shaft in the photo move while you were watching, and how long did this formation persist?