Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snowdonia And Swallow Falls

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Those are brilliant Louby, I especially like the first one, very atmospheric.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Great pics louby. I was in Wales today myself. I saw all that snow on the snowdonian peaks ect, Did you actually go up to the snow level, also can you give a rough idea of the temperature please. It was around 8c on the ground according to car. B)

Thanks

SS

Posted
Great pics louby. I was in Wales today myself. I saw all that snow on the snowdonian peaks ect, Did you actually go up to the snow level, also can you give a rough idea of the temperature please. It was around 8c on the ground according to car. B)

Thanks

SS

Hi snow-storm B) No didn't go up into the snow level, stuck to the car can tell you temp was 5c according to the car :) Was the first time I have been, and was in awe of the mountains, was beautiful, according to the snowdon site it is the earliest it has had snow on it for a long time.

Those are brilliant Louby, I especially like the first one, very atmospheric.

Thank you James :) it's one of my fav's too, I used a graduated ND filter on that one just to so I could get the colour in the foreground and not have the mountains and clouds over exposed, I think its work ok :)

thanks all for your kind comments :)

Posted

Hi snow-storm B) No didn't go up into the snow level, stuck to the car can tell you temp was 5c according to the car :) Was the first time I have been, and was in awe of the mountains, was beautiful, according to the snowdon site it is the earliest it has had snow on it for a long time.

First time thre is always a stunner. I normaly go deep into winter. Once when we went, there was a covering of snow on the ground, waterfalls frozen to leave beautiful ice-icles it was a Brilliant, Unfortanatly i had no camera back then. Temperatures were around 0c - -1c even throughout the day. The big lake at the top was even frozen to an extent. Really good hike B) .

Thanks for replying

SS

Edited by Snow-Storm

Posted

Great pics Louby, thanks for sharing. B)

Posted
Ah will have to make an effort to get up to mum's if the temp really drops, would love to see the waterfalls frozen!

Be sure to wrap up warm though. Temperatures don't half plummet when that sun goes down B)

For the falls to be frozen it has to be below 0c though i think. So i'd look on their site to see or even look on the bbc website, they have a live snowdon camera right at the summit.

Thanks

SS

Posted
Welcome to the forum by the way SS , only just realised B)

Thanks for the info :)

B) Thanks for the warm welcome and no problemo, My uncle lives in caernarfon not to far from snowdon itself so im a pretty big fan of that area, Some lovley sights. Nice pictures by the way, Hoping to get some of those myself come the winter.

Cheers

SS

Edited by Snow-Storm

Posted

Well I look forward to seeing them, just don't make me too jealous B)

my parents are in North Shropshire, so it was a 7 hour round trip for us, well with photographic stops and munchie stops B) but well worth it, shall be doing that trip more often.

Posted
Well I look forward to seeing them, just don't make me too jealous B)

my parents are in North Shropshire, so it was a 7 hour round trip for us, well with photographic stops and munchie stops B) but well worth it, shall be doing that trip more often.

:) A 7 hour trip! Thats extreme. It takes that long for us to get to lands end from where we are! Sorry for making you jelous lol, i didn't realise how far away you lived. I could get to Ben-Nevis with ease in that time :) , It is a lovely place though and probably well worth the drive for you. It only takes me an hour and a half :)

P.s anyone else notice anything wrong with the reply box? it's not going onto a new line its going far off the page

SS

Edited by Snow-Storm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Excellent pics Louby, really like them.

I think you've done a great job with the graduated filter on the first shot, was it cheap or did it cost a bit if you don't mind me asking? Not keen on mine it seems a bit of a browny yellow colour, not black.

Waterfall shots are great too, I love the light on the water in the second one.

Well done B)

Posted

B) Thank you kindly Mark B)

The grads are just cokin filters, the square type that you slot into an adapter, not sure how much they were as Joe got them for me for Xmas a couple of years back, Will ask him :) The filters I used on the swallow falls, were full ND's which he got for a couple of quid each off of a shop on ebay just before we went to Cornwall.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!
B) Thank you kindly Mark B)

The grads are just cokin filters, the square type that you slot into an adapter, not sure how much they were as Joe got them for me for Xmas a couple of years back, Will ask him :) The filters I used on the swallow falls, were full ND's which he got for a couple of quid each off of a shop on ebay just before we went to Cornwall.

Thanks, my Uncle has the Cokin square filters and they seem good, better than screwing them on and off, and they seem like quality. Maybe I will invest in some :)

Posted

Don't think they are top quality but for the likes of me they are top notch B) I find the square ones are easier to store too , well now Joe found me a little cokin filter holder they are

Stunning photos Lou, I think you was there at just the right time, with the snow not to heavy.

Imo you get a much better depth of the mountains when the snow is light, mountains tend to merge into one another with a blanket of snow.

Think the water falls are stunning too. :lol:

Edited by Ghost

Posted
well now Joe found me a little cokin filter holder they are

little cokin filter holder *snigger*

You've surpassed yourself again with these shots then Loubs? :lol:

Posted
little cokin filter holder *snigger*

You've surpassed yourself again with these shots then Loubs? :lol:

tsk stop it, you are only jealous of my little filter holder B)

and thank you sweetie :D B)