Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Metcheck

Cookie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

something in reports section, seems like owner of metcheck is in prison! so no updates

Edited by mark forster 630

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds
something in reports section, seems like owner of metcheck is in prison! so no updates

I read that too. Does anyone have a link to a news article about it if it's true? I can't find anything about it on the web.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
This is the only article I could find, I presume that's what they're talking about. Edited by James M

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds
This is the only article I could find, I presume that's what they're talking about.

Quite old news then. Absolutely disgusting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms storms and more storms

That's absolutely appalling - I'm not going to their site again. Have corresponded with AB in the past re weather info and he seemed so pleasant - it's so true that you don't know what goes on behind closed doors. People should boycott the site so he doesn't get any advertising revenue.

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

Morning Everyone

yes we find it disgusting too , we found out about this a few mth back , one of the reasons we started a new forum , the other reason the Forums on MC closed

down

Quite a few of the original MC posters have joined our new forum , and a few like myself are very reluctant in reporting on MC , i was a member of MC for about 4

years, until we found out what had happended,

The set up for our new site is simple , Derek created the site and he asked me too approve the site , before we went live, we have now been live for about 2mths

and in that time we have gained 94 members majority of those members being Ex Mc posters. We currently have 4 administrators who virtually monitor the site 24/7

I better close for now , has i dont want to get into any bother from Paul for posting this

nigel

Posted

Good lord, I had no idea. It just shows you, they are out there.................................................disgusting.

I won't be visiting their site again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's generated by the GFS only anyway. You are better off looking out of the window.

• 4 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Absoloutley disgusting, no site updates recently go with all this happening and the forecasts all have errors so you cant see any outlooks, never using their site again.

Posted

Yes agree with what everyone has said, i mentioned before , i was on Mc for quite a few years until the recent saga on there, then i stopped using Mc altogether,

nigel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Bond has gone down for 8 years. Looks as if MetCheck will probably go under in that case.

http://www.thisisexeter.co.uk/news/years-m...il/article.html

Posted

So, if you're a weather nerd and your English and spelling is better than opurs then we want to hear from you.

Is that a joke? :)

Edited by Tommyd1258

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

I can't believe they are asking us to write their own homepage and forecasts etc, they probably wont pay the person, metcheck should just sell the site on...the forecasts are inaccurate, its never updated, the reports & forum have gone, whats the point in having the site!?!