Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Metcheck

Cookie

Or don't bother going on it.

They've had several problems with that site for the past few months, plus the data doesn't appear to be reliable at all! Always stick with netweather ;)

Seconded!

Edited by RAIN RAIN RAIN

Posted
Why are you still using Metcheck, it is owned by Andrew Bond who is a convicted rapist. See here

http://www.sentryparentalcontrols.co.uk/ne...-and-abuse.aspx

DO NOT USE HIS SITE

The site is hardly ever updated nowadays anyway. I remember that smug b*stard claiming he wasn't feeding the local press agencies around the country with his rubbish, when he was. He even came on here to claim otherwise, when in the local Evening Telegraph it said "Andrew Bond, of Metcheck said that..." i.e. some claim about an upcoming cold spell which never materialised. The man is clearly a liar then, a menace not only to the weather community but very disturbingly a menace to society. Good riddance metcheck. You won't be missed.

Posted

If true, which looks likely, I hope Metcheck gets offline. They have made far too much money from people trusting the Fantasy Island output of the GFS for far too long. Its misleading and irresponsible. Even someone I work with considers "metcheck" as a a reliable source. I told him it was nonsense, but he didn't believe it. So they did something right, in terms of advertising what was simply opensource models into a believable outlook - for a fee. Which as a member on here for a long time has always made me sick - having subscribed to Netweather extra periodically - which is worth the money and must do again.

That little git when I confronted him with various stories he'd put in the press denied it, because it was old hat and wrong. He got his money and is a filthy slimly character. Good riddance to the Gary Glitter of weather.

Can we please refrain from talking about this in this area of the forum, perhaps take it into the serious discussion area, where it will get more viewing and appropriate responses as this is a thread for general chat about a cold spell.

Yes Stephen - will do. I'm enraged as I'd imagine many are too. My apologies for hijacking the thread temporarily!

Edited by mackerel sky

Posted

Intrestly enough, they've made it difficult to register on the metcheck site. Because all I want to say is get off now. Even if the dirty b*stard is inside, it needs to be made clear that this site is run by a sex offender. I'm horrified, not least because of his crimes - 21 of them, but the pompous a*rsehole was on here, pleading ignorance to the sh*t he had sold to the Daily Express and anothers in the past, which filtered down to local level. Now his crimes don't come close to compensating his victim, who I hope is okay and still with his family and can look forward now. What we, as a community cannot let happen, is let him conduct his sh*tty little business from behind closed doors. He was on here at points in the past and has shown to be a compulsive liar. How do we stamp these things out happening? If I were clever enough I'd bring down metcheck now.

Posted

wow! i never knew about all of this??? i'll certainly stay away from that site in the future!!! :mellow: