Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports

MP-R

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

With the high possibility of storm activity at the moment, please post your storm reports here.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Lightning seen near Abergavenny 1800. My wife heard thunder several tiimes this afternoon at home, and the power went briefly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, tornadoes, snow

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, so mods please feel free to move, but I have found this report about a tornado in Suffolk yesterday afternoon:

http://www.eveningstar.co.uk/content/eveni...3A44%3A31%3A013

Posted

'Witnesses reported a miniature tornado' Well that beats the usual mini tornado :D

Good find Selina!

Another report of a possible 'nado here

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Relatives said they heard thunder in Coventry around 1400 this afternoon. Anyone else get it today?

EDIT: I see there's a report from Staffs too- in the Convection thread- so I will believe my elderly Aunt then :)

Edited by Tonyh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Seen 3 flashes of lightning, 2 of them towards Newcastle area when I was coming home from Consett, and the other to my east from Stanley.

Didn't hear thunder though but it was good to see <_<

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Thunder and lightning recently reported from Cleadon, Tyne & Wear.

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

Evening everyone

Whilst at work today we had a cell cross us , produced lightning and one clap of thunder , then the heavens opened with Hail, ive never seen hail like

that before the way it came down, started around 1345 this afternoon, Then i heard another rumble of thunder to the south east , my location at the time was at

the QE hospital in Gateshead where we are 515ft ASL

nigel