Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Selling Off The Met Office?

Coast

Posted

Rumours floating around about the sell off of some Government departments including the Met Office, but it is only a consideration and part of yesterdays PBR review at this moment (as I read it).

www.ft.com

www.guardian.co.uk

www.middevonstar.co.uk

Perhaps Paul and NW would like to make a bid for it? B)

Posted
Rumours floating around about the sell off of some Government departments including the Met Office, but it is only a consideration and part of yesterdays PBR review at this moment (as I read it).

www.ft.com

www.guardian.co.uk

www.middevonstar.co.uk

Perhaps Paul and NW would like to make a bid for it? :D

daft idea in the present economic climate in terms of the taxpayer losing money. Good if someone has the money to buy in at the moment.

Posted

Wouldn't surprise me as it's usually the organisations that are least 'obvious' which get re-organised first: English Heritage and the Ordnance Survey are definitely in the firing line.

I know people who work in both, and they've been consulting about how it would work.....

But, hey, as long as we can all continue to live in financial cloud cuckoo land, who cares who pays for that? :D:D

Edited by Roo

Posted
But, hey, as long as we can all continue to live in financial cloud cuckoo land, who cares who pays for that? :):)

No need to worry. I am going to borrow the MetO off the government, and sell it on immediately to some unsuspecting mug who will, after a very short space of time realise that his investment is worthless, and offer it back to me for a smaller sum, which I will gladly accept. I'll then give it back to the government, and pocket the difference.

;~)