Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Reports Late November/ December 2008

Cookie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

You could tell it was acoming, the sky was a lovely

pinky/grey colour.

Started snowing hard within the last few minutes.

Big flakes and settling well on the frozen ground.

BL. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

Stopped snowing ten minutes ago. Here's a few pics:

Cloud breaking up now, if the sun comes out it could look very pretty.

Posted

Snow on and off since 6am this morning.

3cm on the ground. Roads very icy - no gritting around the area last night.

Temperature has risen in the last hour from -2c to 0c

Posted

Few inches here this morning, but main problems being caused by fog and the temperature. It was -7 when I left home. The roads, particularily the side roads are really bad. I saw 3 cars off the road in 10 miles.

Posted

About 1cm at Keele, may have been rain at first, varying between fine and 50p flakes in daylight, largely stopped now.

Ian

Keele University : Weather Data

Lat. 52° 59' 55 N Long. 2° 16' 05 W :

OS Grid Ref : SJ 820447; Alt. 179m (587ft) O.D.

http://www.esci.keele.ac.uk/weather/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter, warm and sunny in summer

I woke up at 7:10 to about 1cm but I didn't see any of it fall.

Skies now blue so the snow is starting to melt away but I don't care because this has been the best start to winter that I can remember for a long time!

Posted

Two snow events before Christmas - what ever is the warming world coming to? About 3cm this morning: heavy wet snow, from big gloopy snowflakes. We've now had snow (albeit in piffling quantities) in Oct, Nov and Dec; think I'd have to go back to 1992/1993 hereabouts for the last time that happened.

Posted

welcome back mate, where have you been, your posts have been sorely missed

Edited by johnholmes

Posted
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!
Two snow events before Christmas - what ever is the warming world coming to? About 3cm this morning: heavy wet snow, from big gloopy snowflakes. We've now had snow (albeit in piffling quantities) in Oct, Nov and Dec; think I'd have to go back to 1992/1993 hereabouts for the last time that happened.

Alleluia! The most welcome post for months, dear much-missed SF.

I don't suppose we'll coax you back into Climate Change - many of us on both sides tread rather gingerly in there nowadays - but here's hoping.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Welcome back SF, just in time to pay up on our little wager on ice recovery......how many bottles of champers was it??

Posted

Need i mention it? Snow, Snow, Snow...the snow fom last week is still inpatches, now another 3" of it....

Posted

Pleasantly surprised to wake up to a couple of inches this morning.....it's been a long time. Actually we're quite lucky in our parts, even though we don't get anything like what the 80's brought us, there's at least one one or two dustings a year. :)

Posted

About 2 inches in Dundee city centre this afternoon, in rural Fife there was powder snow lying on a sheet of ice, not pleasant at all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
About 2 inches in Dundee city centre this afternoon, in rural Fife there was powder snow lying on a sheet of ice, not pleasant at all.

A good bit more up in the North of the city and apart from on exposed rooftops it isn't shifting in the sun. Sledges will be out again for the kids when I get home tonight. :)

Posted

I'll just add in that I saw some snow falling this morning at about 7am around Jntn 40 of the M1.

More so however, was the snow on the M62 between the M1 and the M60. Nothing really heavy falling whilst I was driving (some light to moderate falls), but a good couple of inches up top of M62. I think the likes of TM had an ok morning.

Cant beat literally driving through a snow cloud :)

Also, had snow grains around late morning yesterday between Manchester and Stoke on the M6 (in fact, it looked like the snow had started to settle between jntn 16 and 15 on the icy surfaces when I went past.

Posted

Had 3 seperate moderate snow/graupel showers today after the main band,and another 2 to go it seems. Covering is about 1cm and slushy underfoot on campus. They seem to be forming off the North Wales coast and heading inland to us at Keele, with another line running into Lancashire. Is this the Cheshire gap or something else?:

http://www.meteox.com/mr.aspx?ref=

Ian

Keele University : Weather Data

Lat. 52° 59' 55 N Long. 2° 16' 05 W :

OS Grid Ref : SJ 820447; Alt. 179m (587ft) O.D.

Posted
A dusting of snow this morning and further, occasional snow showers during the day :D

Just had a light snow shower, lasted about 10 minutes, Radar shows possibly more on the way.

Looked lovely this morning, even more so since I had taken a jieu day. :-)

post-5156-1228228303_thumb.jpg

Posted

Very Heavy periods of snow all afternoon. :D

Currently 1c.