IGNORED

Today's Weather And General Chat

52 members have voted

1. 1. Have you enjoyed today's weather?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Posted

Good morning everybody. Had a hard frost during the night. It has started snowing in the past 15 mins and it is settling nicely as tyhe ground is frozen. Our first snow of the winter. I'm in Derry N.Ireland. Can anybody tell me by looking at the radars if these showers are going to last?

Guest Shetland Coastie

GULBERWICK WEATHER STATION - SHETLAND

Cold and frosty - but also a lovely winters morning.

Temp: 1.1C

Dewpoint: 0.1C

Wind Chill: 1.1C

Wind: calm

Max gust last hr: 0.9mph

Max gust today: 8.7mph

Pressure: 997.8hpa (steady)

Humidity: 93%

Rainfall today: 0.0mm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

After a foggy night - it's a foggy morning too. Very cold feeling with a min of 3c now 3.5c. Looks very pretty out there indeed - not seen fog in a long time!

Posted

-0.4c with a line of CB's to the west. Looks very nice B) So close to getting snow... but yet so far!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.
Currently -1oC, and rising, much colder earlier this morning. Dense freezing fog to lower areas, but beautiful and sunny here. Looks quite spooky looking down on the foggy areas, with tall buildings and hills poking out, have posted some pics in photography area

WOW looks like the house in the left hand corner if floating !!! lol!!!

Anyways 1.0c here after a min of 0.5c no frost although there is ice on some surfaces, currently thick fog and temperature is dropping B) glurious day

Posted
Good morning everybody. Had a hard frost during the night. It has started snowing in the past 15 mins and it is settling nicely as tyhe ground is frozen. Our first snow of the winter. I'm in Derry N.Ireland. Can anybody tell me by looking at the radars if these showers are going to last?

good morning. i checked the radar and saw that area of snow move in from the sea and intensify as it hit landfall. there may be another shower moving in at about 11.30 or 11.45. hope those showers can penetrate to where i am and i think it may be possible in the next hour or so. how much lying snow have you got now?

Posted

Got down to -2.6c at 8.30am which makes it the coldest early morning since april 6th with one of the best covering of thick frosts.

Lots and lots of fog covering all the valleys did try coming here a few times but failed still some ice on the trees in the hollows otherwise a very sunny day with some cirrostratus at a very chilly 0.6c now B) snow cover over the welsh mountains also,temp was only -1.5c an hour ago.

Edit:Temp now is 0.0c as the sun has faded slightly going into the high milky cloud.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

perhaps you would like to post in the snow reports section and you will have been the first uk snow report today!

Posted

Hi all,

Very cold here last night, down to -7.2 c, no fog.

Currently sunny and -0.5. Will we have an ice day ? Doubtful as sun will push temps up to I guess about 1.5.

Coldest night for a couple of years here, I wonder if I can beat it tonight !!

Karl

Reason for edit - spelling mistake

Edited by snowmackem

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

A cold frosty night last night with some freezing fog and severe frost. Min temp was -1.4c (coldest nov temp at my location since the cold snap in nov 2005).

Currently still frosty with fog,current temp -0.2c B)

Edited by sundog

Posted

about 0c and is really foggy and cold it was about -3c earlier and it snowed we have about 1 inch here at the most i think it will snow again cause clouds keep coming can anyone see if snows coming are way on the radar again?

Posted
A cold frosty night last night with some freezing fog and severe frost. Min temp was -1.4c (coldest nov temp at my location since the cold snap in nov 2005).

Currently still frosty with fog,current temp -0.2c B)

had a hard hoar frost here last night B) ,min temp was -0.1c,not in ideal position though,very near house :doh:

currently 1.4c :cold:

SP

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
about 0c and is really foggy and cold it was about -3c earlier and it snowed we have about 1 inch here at the most i think it will snow again cause clouds keep coming can anyone see if snows coming are way on the radar again?

Congrats on the snow, why don't you have a look at the radar for yourself? Don't you know the link for it?

Posted

The temperature here seems to have leveled out at about 2.3C for now. got down to -2.5C last night but then rose to just below freezing as a breeze picked up just before 7am, Thick white frost this morning. Just as I type this the temp rises to 2.4C B)

Frost all gone now with a fresh breeze blowing.

As of 12:15

temp: 2.4C

Dewpoint: 0.8C

Humidity: 89%

windchill: -1.4C

wind: 9mph gusting 25mph

wind direction: North

pressure: 992.1mb

Posted

Hey Dice45!

Send some of that down my way to Ballyclare would you? No snow here but temps at 1.5c. Total cloud cover. Radar showing little spots of snow all over NI.

Posted

As I have said in the other thread, this is very lame here...day and night the same temp, no sun, just a colder version of what we had for the whole of november...an unremitting unbreakable cloud sheet wasting this cold spell away. Yuk

is so frustrating because these patterns are unusual but just seem to be not delivering anything interesting in terms of visible coldness like frost etc yet where I am and it could pass without delivering anything whatsoever. SE has been well and truly starved of joy with this one...

Posted

I've voted 'no' today because I know it's not going to change from being dull, misty and raw. There's also a NNE breeze which isn't helping :lol: . 2c at the moment after -1c minimum.

Posted
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme winter cold,heavy bowing snow,freezing fog.Summer 2012
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet

The temperature is really struggling here today, currently thick fog, temperature 0.5c.

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Very cold, 0c with sunny conditions, some freezing fog

Posted

Time 14:55 Greece time

Air temperature : 13,2 C

Humidity : 96 %

Wind : N 8 km/h

Pressure rel : 1012,4 hpa falling

Dew point : 12,6 C

clouds : 8/8 stratocumulus,nimbostratus --rain

Daily rain : 8,4 mm

Rain month : 31,4 mm

Rain year 2008 : 236,9 mm

Greek weather stations top 100

http://greece.gotop100.com/

Posted

there is an area of snow near to you now and across the north coast on the radar. anything falling?

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Well the fog and has now lifted as has the frost but very cold though. off out to do some gardening and I've left my Cider outside. Better not forget it.

Posted

Down to -4ºC/0ºC last night - coldest of the season and twelfth air frost.

Currently 2ºC/1ºC and a lovely crisp sunny day :lol: