IGNORED

Today's Weather And General Chat

71 members have voted

1. 1. Have you seen falling snow today?

• Yes
    • No

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
4" or more of snow has fallen. The roads have been total chaos around Oldham & Rochdale, have had to abandon my car to get home from work, all the main roads around Saddleworth are near impassible, doesnt seem to have been much gritting!! Also very foggy at the moment, and still hovering around freezing. Pics just taken

PS......its still snowing intermittently

Wow!

Beautiful chilly blue sky morning with some puddles still frozen. It'll be ruined I'm sure when I get rain for lunch instead of the white stuff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Our second spell of snow of the day [this one unexpected :doh: ] is just clearing now leaving the back roads in a right mess.

Dunno where reports of blizzards are coming from as there does not seem to be high winds about anywhere?

Posted

Morning Folks

Cold dry and sunny in Central London, clouds just starting to appear, the rain won't be far behind, though the BBC are showing light snow showers for London, lets see who is right....

Cheers

FC

Posted

Currently got rain/sleet/snow mixed together. Temp 3.2c. Good to see the first flakes of snow since Jan!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Just started sleeting here, maybe it'll turn snowier... itching to press the 'Yes' button on the vote, but will be honest and desist until it snows. :doh:

Posted

very heavy hail/rain showers here and cold .... Not nice and no snow.. temps up to 5 now after a frozen night. Oh hang on snow has fallen in the south west :doh: ... Up on the moors by the look of it.

kaz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Woke up to a covering of snow - first this season. Shame I had to perform a 10 mile return cycle to the dentist - then get a filling! Pavements are pretty dangerous although I think it's melting now.

Min of 0.2c (lowest value this season) now 3.5c

Posted

Precip arrived here in London (Whitehall area) and from my view from the window it looks very much like rain!!

Getting very dark here now and the radar shows it intensifying, maybe some sleet in the heavier bursts?

Edited by spayne

Posted

Hi Folks

In central London it is rain 1 - 0 snow, so I guess the BBC was being a bit optimistic, unless an intense pulse comes our way, enjoy the snow those who have it...

Cheers

FC

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
Hi Folks

In central London it is rain 1 - 0 snow, so I guess the BBC was being a bit optimistic, unless an intense pulse comes our way, enjoy the snow those who have it...

Cheers

FC

Stupid old rain here now too.

Posted

Dry, sunny and cool with lying snow

Wind Speed 6 mph

Wind Gust 7.8 mph

Wind Direction 246.0 degrees

Outside Temperature 4.7 Celsius

Outside Humidity 51.0 %

Outside Dewpoint -4.6 Celsius

Atmospheric Pressure 999.0 mbars

Inside Temperature 17.5 Celsius

Inside Humidity 34.0 %

Rainfall Today .8 mm

WindChill 2.3 Celsius

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Some rain and sleet this morning cleared to some sunshine much cloudier conditions. Milder. 4c

Posted

Don`t understand what went wrong last night looking at the 6am radar as far as snowfall was concerned hills to the south going to below halfway down had a good covering 2 inches or more maybe,only a sprinkling here which had frozen, and nothing over the west hills/mountains either. :)

Ice was the big thing on the roads havn`t seen it like that for a number of years a mini version of 1978 freezing rain.

Still icey now and very cold at just 1.3c :) with a couple of very light snow showers,bulk of those have heading south of here all morning and missing here.

Got down to -1.3c

Wind is west/SW

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!
10 minute, bigflake snowfall here. Continuing.

OOOOH!!! I hope it comes to Nottingham!! :) Broken cloud at the moment, but was up at 7.30am to see our brief but big flaked Snow shower! YAAAYY!!! More Please!!!! :)