Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Today's Weather And Weather Chat

MAF

Posted

Beautiful sunny morning here in Sunny Lowestoft.

Just got back from my early morning stroll along the beach, and the breeze is light with a calm chilly looking North Sea.

Posted
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme winter cold,heavy bowing snow,freezing fog.Summer 2012

Moderate frost with a good deal of ice and a very slight sprinkling snow around this morning, minimum –4.1c, grass minimum –5.1c. At observation clear, frosty and sunny.

Reading’s at 09:00 GMT

Sky Conditions, 0 Oktas, Clear.

Temperature –2.4°C

Barometer 1000mb rising.

Wind Force 2 S

24-hour extremes

Maximum temperature 3.2°C

Minimum temperature –4.1°C

Minimum temperature on grass –5.1°C

Rain, from snow melt = 1.3 mm

Slight Snow cover.

Yesterday, 02 December 2008

Freezing conditions again this morning before dawn, last nights low –1.6, but a minimum of –2.4c since 9am yesterday. Quickly becoming cloudy around the dawn period with a short but heavy snow shower, leaving around half a centimeter of lying snow. At observation cold and cloudy with a light snow cover. The day continued wintry with a few bright spells but also good deal of cloud and further showers of soft hail, sleet and snow giving temporary slight coverings. Top temperature 3.2c.Maximum wind gust 23mph, NW. The evening saw frost setting in early under clearing skies.

Paul

Edited by Polar Continental

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter, warm and sunny in summer

Lying snow here this morning, but before the snow came the temp dropped to -2.3c.

In fact, up to this point, the rolling mean temp for December for this location is.......-0.5c :) !! (average min, -3.3c, average max, 2.3c)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Sunny and chilly here with 3.5cm of powdery snow lying, just a few very light snow showers overnight which added nothing to the existing snow.

Temp' is 0.1c after a min' of -2.7c.

1 okta cumulus humilis and the tops of some cbs just visible on the north east horizon, somewhere near Humberside I should think.

Wind is 13 mph N.

Posted

A cold and frosty start this morning......Had a short shower at around 8.15, but currently the skies are clear with plenty of sunshine.

It took me forever to scrape the ice off the car today. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Beautiful sunshine here following a moderate frost -4.6C. Still below freezing making the snow sparkle in the sun. About 2/3 inches remain in the garden but near double that to the North West of the City.

Borderline here for snow tonight but I may just be far enough away from the sea to benefit.

Local forecast for Highland Perthshire where I am going either tomorrow night or Friday morning is for a good dumping of snow as they are in a favourable position in these situations. :)

Posted

currently -2.1 here. car thermometer read -4.5 when i was driving home at 8 this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Funny old night really, it was -1C for 30 minutes, then it rose above freezing and stayed at 1C until now where it has risen to 4C.

Posted
Sunny and chilly here with 3.5cm of powdery snow lying, just a few very light snow showers overnight which added nothing to the existing snow.

Temp' is 0.1c after a min' of -2.7c.

1 okta cumulus humilis and the tops of some cbs just visible on the north east horizon, somewhere near Humberside I should think.

Wind is 13 mph N.

I can see the same ones to my north-east aswell, they are out over the North Sea by the looks.

Currently 3.1C here and mostly clear. Frosty early on, but a min temp of just -0.2C.

Posted

A cold, very frosty and icy start today with clear blue skies and sunshine.

Current temperature 4.8ºc

Feels like 4.8ºc

Dew point 2.5ºc

Overnight low -1.6ºc

Humidity 85%

Pressure 1002.1hPa

Average windspeed 0.7mph

Maximum gust speed 3.1mph

Rainfall last 24 hours 3.9mm

Rainfall last hour 0.0mm

Posted

Time 14:45 Greece time

Air temperature : 21,2 C

Humidity : 62 %

Wind : SSE 21 km/h

Pressure rel : 1011,9 hpa falling

Dew point : 13,6 C

clouds : 5/8 cumulus,stratocumulus,cirrus,altocumulus

Daily rain : 0,0 mm

Rain month : 1,4 mm

Rain year 2008 : 238,6 mm

Greek weather stations top 100

http://greece.gotop100.com/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Somerset

300m

current temp is 0.5 c

Very frosty still the temp rose to a high of 0.7 when a bit of high cloud passed but dropped back down now to 0.5 now which is chilly.

Posted

Sunny and cold here and rather icy in places. Still bits of snow lying from

yesterday morning and the current temp is 3c

Posted

rained nearly all night then temps dropped away like mad causing ice and black ice on roads not much fun driving this morning .. Its a beautiful day sun's out but still cold in the shade.. better than rain though.

kaz x

Posted

staggeringly warm today, a massive 5.1C the highest for 5 days!

mind you there is still frost in the back garden where the sun's not reached and its already starting to fall again.

Edited by johnholmes

Posted

Rose to 2.9c, now back down to 2.7c, no visible frost anywhere but I bet the ground is cold.

First time I walked into my living room and could see my breath, that's how cold it is (bearing in mind the windows were'nt fully shut)

Posted

Cold overnight with min of -4c We have had more frosts this Autumn than the last two winters put together. If only this weather front coming in would shift a bit more South. On the Downs over 600ft it could have stayed as snow -has been known to happen many a time in the good old days. Still waiting for some real snow although I have seen wet snow twice so far this Autumn. :lol: .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme winter cold,heavy bowing snow,freezing fog.Summer 2012

Afternoon,

Wonderful out there today, clear blue skies, sunshine, still very frosty and icy in the shaded areas, the temperature peaked at 2.7c around 14:00, now falling back towards freezing again, an air frost before dark i think.

Paul