Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish Winter Snow

Posted

I think it would be a good idea to start a new topic on the winter events in Scotland. So far this winter (November Onwards) it has been very promising. I would like to share all the images i take and see others across Scotland. Below are my winter images so far

post-4308-1228310686_thumb.jpg

post-4308-1228310726_thumb.jpg

post-4308-1228310731_thumb.jpg

post-4308-1228310779_thumb.jpg

post-4308-1228311099_thumb.jpg

post-4308-1228311108_thumb.jpg

post-4308-1228311117_thumb.jpg

post-4308-1228311126_thumb.jpg

post-4308-1228311134_thumb.jpg

post-4308-1228311192_thumb.jpg

post-4308-1228311203_thumb.jpg

post-4308-1228311215_thumb.jpg

post-4308-1228311232_thumb.jpg

post-4308-1228311246_thumb.jpg

Posted

Has this winter been anything unusual? It seems to pretty much always snow in Aberdeenshire and as your signiture says, Deeside is the coldest place in the UK. After todays snowfall, the only thing poking through the snow in Aberdeenshire will be Ben Macdhui's summit cairn!

Posted
Has this winter been anything unusual? It seems to pretty much always snow in Aberdeenshire and as your signiture says, Deeside is the coldest place in the UK. After todays snowfall, the only thing poking through the snow in Aberdeenshire will be Ben Macdhui's summit cairn!

:lol: , well my thoughts exactly...Its not that snowfall in Aberdeenshire is unusal in general, however, its been unusual in recent times to have so much snow at lower levels in November...The severity of the wintery weather is more like weather we experience in Feb-March. The last time i can recall such low temperatures and so much snowfall in November is 2001, before that it was 1996.

So far though, Aberdeenshire has been a freezer for the past 2 weeks, hope it stays until the 25th :)

Edited by yeahbabyyeah

Posted
Nice one Cumulus, bet you was like a kid in a sweet shop with all that snow, and didn’t know what to take a photo of next. :lol:

I was trying to find some very scenic pictures but its hard to find them in a local area. I like snow but its been very cold for so long, unusually cold...

Posted

Stunning snowy scenes Many people expect it in Aberdeenshire so its not really a shock! if the aberdeenshire weather visited London for a few weeks a state of emergency would be declared!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Very nice photos.... :lol:

Posted

Great pics, thanks for sharing. :lol:

• European State of the Climate 2023 - Widespread flooding and severe heatwaves

The annual ESOTC is a key evidence report about European climate and past weather. High temperatures, heatwaves, wildfires, torrential rain and flooding, data and insight from 2023, Read more here

Jo Farrow
    Jo Farrow
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Chilly with an increasing risk of frost

Once Monday's band of rain fades, the next few days will be drier. However, it will feel cool, even cold, in the breeze or under gloomy skies, with an increasing risk of frost. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Dubai Floods: Another Warning Sign for Desert Regions?

The flooding in the Middle East desert city of Dubai earlier in the week followed record-breaking rainfall. It doesn't rain very often here like other desert areas, but like the deadly floods in Libya last year showed, these rain events are likely becoming more extreme due to global warming. View the full blog here

Nick F
    Nick F
    Latest weather updates from Netweather 2