Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Who Has Had No Snow At All

jy

Posted

This is a geographic interest question and nothing else.Since October many parts of Britain have seen lying snow including London.There will be a few areas that have seen not a flake of snow at all.My main guess would probably be Central Southern England Westwards,but even then im sure snow has been reported from Hereford and Wales at some stage.Even in my own county ofHampshire although we saw now snow as yet the East of the county had some.This is not a moan and gripe topic just one of interest to me .Many thanks in advance for your information.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Had a bit of snow in October, which gave a very light dusting, but it did snow for a good few hours, the only problem was that it was wet snow. Not bad for October though!

Last night I was very disappointed, the Met Office had a warning for Staffordshire and nothing happened.

Posted

obviously people cannot read !

two telling of snow when the question is anyone NOT had ANY snow?

grief its a decease, another one (sorry wrong spelling but I'm sure you get my drift?)

NO SNOW not those who have??

Edited by johnholmes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

No snow here yet this winter

Posted

Here in Grimsby we had about 2cm in November from that very potent northerly, thing was though me and the wife we shopping at Meadowhell, I mean hall so I missed it :) Had a lot of sleety stuff this morning and over the last few nights, not bad considering its only December the 4th!!!

Edited by Grimsby Snow Lover

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Not a flake here. Though you have to have a PROPER cold spell for it to snow here, none of this "marginal" business. As soon as marginal is mentioned then it's no hope for here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I'm pretty certain that most of Devon hasn't seen a flake of snow so far, although there was a big hailstorm at the end of October there. For that matter, I also doubt there's been anything in Cornwall except for high ground.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

4 lots, 28th oct heavy wet snow that didnt stick, 23rd nov small hours, dusting did stick soon went, 2nd dec 7-7.30am heavy shower again just dusting that did stick, 4th dec small hours 1-2am dusting did stick but not for long

not bad for even larger teapot for me in the south, 3 sprinklings and wet snow, and still only 4th dec

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

Nope - no snow here either, despite the fact that at 6pm yesterday our local (ie coastal) radio station - Radio Wave forecast heavy snow for the Fylde Coast and difficult conditions till at least mid-morning. Result? Rain from midnight onwards! Still, has been the coldest start to winter here in these parts in the 7 years we've lived here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
obviously people cannot read !

two telling of snow when the question is anyone NOT had ANY snow?

grief its a decease, another one (sorry wrong spelling but I'm sure you get my drift?)

NO SNOW not those who have??

Not meaning to be pedantic here, but technically anyone can post. The question is "Who has had no snow at all", so by saying "Not me, I have had snow" is answering that question ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

Not a flake. Well, not during the day anyway. Might have had a couple last night before the temp rose to 8c and it rained, but probably not ;)

As Somerset Squall said, to get anything here that doesn't melt before lunch we have to have had prolonged cold and perfect conditions. Oh for 1985 again...

Posted

I've had no laying snow at all, but thats usual for here as tucked away on north essex coast plus being

only 10min walk from sea and only being about 14ft above sea level, so i have no hope= unless we ever

get a good easterly ;)

Posted

We had a light dusting of snow in the early hours of October 28 - otherwise nothing at all. I think that had gone by 9am anyway, so technically it probably wasn't a day of lying snow. This latest cold spell has been almost entirely dry with the exception of the early hours of this morning when it rained. Funny year this one - snow in April and October, otherwise none at all (so far, anyway).

Edited by Stargazer

Posted

Sweet Fa here this winter!!

Come to think of it i had nothing at all last year either ;)

This brings me onto a subject that some on this thread will probably share with me.

For central southern England, westwards past Bristol into south eastWales (where i live) and up to say shropshire avoiding the cheshire gap, you can draw a triangle. I think this is the most snowless area of Britain.

A direct northerly or north westerly doesn’t do us much favours as we are a tad too far south and any precipitation usually fizzles out across the welsh mountains etc... An easterly or north easterly snow showers penetrate far in enough inland to reach us here either.

Some of the best snowfalls from yesteryear came from deep cold embedded across Britain, and a mild front approaching from the west would bring snowfall for a while. But now (Last night as an example) is always on the wrong side of marginal.

So a lot on this forum will get there dumping or have already had a dumping this winter and good luck to you. But I truly believe there is not much hope for a good spell of snow for us in the snow less triangle ;)

Sorry for going off on one. Rant over.

WW

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter

Sleet here a couple of times but no snow falling or lying here.

Posted
For central southern England, westwards past Bristol into south eastWales (where i live) and up to say shropshire avoiding the cheshire gap, you can draw a triangle. I think this is the most snowless area of Britain.

A direct northerly or north westerly doesn’t do us much favours as we are a tad too far south and any precipitation usually fizzles out across the welsh mountains etc... An easterly or north easterly snow showers penetrate far in enough inland to reach us here either.

Some of the best snowfalls from yesteryear came from deep cold embedded across Britain, and a mild front approaching from the west would bring snowfall for a while. But now (Last night as an example) is always on the wrong side of marginal.

Having lived in Southampton for many years I always thought of the most snowless area being a rough triangle bounded by Bournemouth, Winchester and Portsmouth, presumably corresponding to JY's "snowless Hampshire triangle". The area certainly shows up nicely as one of the few that on average gets no snow at all in December - see http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate/uk/ave...12000/dl/12.gif. The only area I think might be noticeably more snow free overall would be the west of Cornwall and the Channel Islands.

Edited by Stargazer