Does Weather Rule Your Life.

swfc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Weather doesn't entirely rule my life, but I do have 3 main religions:

1. Football

2. The weather

3. Very unhealthy food.

In that order =] But when things are really going down the pan weatherwise, I can be in a bad mood. And when a very good snow event is nailed on, I can be in a good mood.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
I think you are all SAD

dito..plus reading some of the stuff people do..i think alot are just sad full stop B)

ive got way more important things going on in my life to stay up all night to see a flake of snow float past a lampost.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells
dito..plus reading some of the stuff people do..i think alot are just sad full stop B)

ive got way more important things going on in my life to stay up all night to see a flake of snow float past a lampost.

"each to their own"....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

What like posting on a weather forum at all times of day and night ? Your just as SAD as the rest of us on here then lol . nothing wrong with persuing a hobby and discussing it is there ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
What like posting on a weather forum at all times of day and night ? Your just as SAD as the rest of us on here then lol . nothing wrong with persuing a hobby and discussing it is there ?

no of course not

but then nothing wrong with being allowed to express an opinion is there?..plus its 8 pm in canada B)

Edited by cheeky_monkey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!
no of course not

but then nothing wrong with being allowed to express an opinion is there?..plus its 8 pm in canada :D

Canada ahhhh that says it all ... its not like you would have any reason to lampost watch there with all the white stuff you guys get year in year out lol. But still your on a weather forum.. saddo! .. only joking mate.

Posted

Both Middlesbrough Football Club and the weather are completely unpredictable. And yes, they do influence my moods.

The worst part about winter weather sometimes is that the conditions can be perfect for snow, yet you miss the precipitation. At the same time, a sure fire home victory against Bolton turns out to be a 3-1 defeat.

And don't even mention the Hull result today. Like snowfall this week, at the last minute snatched away.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I have to confess to being a weather geek :D I wouldn't usually mention weather much to my friends because they would probably be a little surprised at how much I could go on about what the weather models are predicting in the near future in terms of snow! Everytime I log onto the net every day the first port of call is usually Net Weather haha! I would say my moods are influenced by the weather sometimes, if snow is on the way I tend to be mega excited and not able to keep still and if snow was forecast then ended up missing me I end up down in the dumps :D

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

Morning Everyone

i have to admit myself that i am a weather fanatic, 3 computers in office, one is virtually on 24/7 with either NWs Radar or Strike displays radar, Main computer ,which i am currenly using is virtually logged on to NW , and then there is my Laptop which is logged on to our my other site,

I have two digital cameras , one is set up in the Office and the other one goes with everywhere i go, [so i am a keen photographer of the weather as well]

Tv well , usually i only watch any weather related programs , last one i watched was the lightning program which starred our very own Paul Sherman , congratulations to Paul for that one.

My wife calls me insane , which i have to admit ,, i am a bit [ any sign of a storm [whether it being a snow storm, thunderstrom, etc, i am away ]

Storms and snow is my main interest,

nigel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Well, it's one thing being allowed to have an opinion, it's another to be allowed to rubbish the legitimate opinions of others... Let's face it, most people have aspects of their lives that are important to them, where others could come along and say "there's much more important things to be worrying about".

Accepted wisdom is that the vast majority couldn't give a monkeys about the weather except if it inconveniences them (where it never gets beyond "will it be wet or dry, hot or cold"). However, while very few of the people I know are weather geeks, most do have a passing interest. Some get quite excited when snow events and/or thunderstorms occur, and many are heavily influenced by how much sunshine there is. So while their lives may not be ruled by the weather, they are certainly influenced.

One contrary thing I notice is that I tend to hear more complaining about the weather when it's inconveniencing people (esp. snow, thunderstorms, sunshine-and-showers days) but people's moods are often, on the whole, quite high. Conversely, on a dull day, especially a dull wet one, I generally don't hear many complaints about the weather, but moods tend to be low.

Posted
Accepted wisdom is that the vast majority couldn't give a monkeys about the weather except if it inconveniences them (where it never gets beyond "will it be wet or dry, hot or cold"). However, while very few of the people I know are weather geeks, most do have a passing interest. Some get quite excited when snow events and/or thunderstorms occur, and many are heavily influenced by how much sunshine there is. So while their lives may not be ruled by the weather, they are certainly influenced.

very well said

Posted

Yes as a farmer it rules your life. For example getting the barley sown at the optimum time in the first 3 days of April weather window this year gave good yields and low nitrogens for malting and at the other end a harvest at the end of August and not the end of September when the weather may be poorer. We also avoided the bad weather in the middle of April which would have meant lower yields and higher nitrogens from sowing in late April when it finally dried up. This obviously had a positive outcome on our financial perfomance so having some idea from being on netweather where the weather is heading can be very helpful to me and so there are benefits from being a weather fanatic.

Posted

I live in a perpetual love/hate relationship with the weather here. In Spring especially, I am frequently utterly annoyed with how stupidly windy it is. Likewise a lovely summer day is often ruined by the heat low spinning up on the South Island and giving us 30 knot northerly gusts.

But they have a saying "you can't beat Wellington on a good day" and that's when my love comes in. :lol: Learn to appreciate the wind-free days, as infrequent as they may be.

It would help if we got more wintry weather too. I mean, honestly, one ground frost in an entire winter is really pathetic. :lol: They get that sort of number on Australia's subtropical Sunshine Coast. :/

Posted

I'd say it does a little bit if thats possible. Although I love cold, clear, frosty weather and snow (obviously!) I think the weather effects me more when we are in a constant run of south westerly dross, particulalry if it brings with it low cloud & drizzle. I'm a very out doorsy person and to be prevented form going for walks and just generally doing stuff outside really winds me up! :lol: On the other hand, when we are in a run of good clear weather and there is snow on the ground/hills, as at the moment, then I become a little obsessed with trying to make the most of it and nick off for a walk whenever I can, my dog isn't even bothered when I pick up the lead anymore!!!

Edited by trickydicky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, fog and ice!

Hot and humid weather makes me feel stressed and short tempered. Clear crisp cold morning make me feel lucky to be alive! Snow just makes me feel like a big kid. The weather is important to me as I am patrolling the streets of Tamworth for several hours a day!

Posted

The weather does impact enormously on my happiness (or lack thereof). I like my seasons to be "seasonal", that is, I want winter to be cold and snowy, summer to hot and sunny, spring to be showery and muddy, and autumn to be leafy and windy.

What I really hate is the stress caused by a sudden arrival of snow in the winter, only to realise that I've got maybe less than 24 hours to make the most of it before the rain arrives to wash it all away again. I tend to flap around like a headless chicken, cramming in walks and drives to the mountains with camera in tow.

For this reason (among others, admittedly), I have been working on a move to the continent where the weather will be more predictable and Christmases will always be white, or white within a short driving distance.