Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Climate Modeling using a Leaky Integrator

VillagePlank

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Many thanks for all the effort, VP...Can I just ask one question, though: is the diameter of the pipe really relevant? Is it not just the 'influx' (Q?) into the 'bucket' that is important???

Am I shooting myself in the head? :yahoo: :lol:

Posted

Many thanks for all the effort, VP...Can I just ask one question, though: is the diameter of the pipe really relevant? Is it not just the 'influx' (Q?) into the 'bucket' that is important???

Am I shooting myself in ther head? :):)

It may or may not be. The idea is take first principles, dynamical systems, and reason through to the LI via the Stefan-Boltzmann law. I have a proof (not confirmed) that dynamical systems must necessarily exhibit hysteresis, and the rest stems from there.

The LI is an abstraction of those ideas so we can play more. Whether or not it is needed is yet to be ascertained.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

As I've started to rewrite this thing - for the umpteenth time - I thought it would be good to show what the beginnings of one of the very first drafts looked like.

Unfortunately, there are spelling/grammar and other errors in it, but it should be OK to get the gist. For reference, this sort of stuff will appear in the final paper, but a couple of the ideas in this lot have turned out to be sufficiently large to become research subjects in their own right without any reference to climate.

Here you go, and as always constructive criticism is always helpful.

li3.pdf

I am deeply indebted to Captain Bobski for endless encouragement and for first determining the idea that hysteresis (it wasn't called that back then) might be a critical player in climate.

Oops! :)

I should have read the above before I PM'd you, VP!! :) That'll teach me! :):)