Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Todays Weather And General Weather Chat

MAF

Posted

Currently -7c here ( max -4c during the day and icicles on every roof) and the farmhouse windows ( single glazed ) completely frozen over like winters of 40 years ago, bought 3 new wool jumpers already this winter to wear in the house .Drove to Aviemore to pick up my daughter from the train this evening and as I climbed up onto the moors the temperature rose to -2c but fell again to -7c in the hollow round Carrbridge. Today the cold is already stunning here and the soil is frozen to a depth of about 3" and ice is covering ponds and the edges of the rivers are begining to freeze. Its cold enough here now and we are just awaiting the arrival of the snow which will eventually come before it warms up!!!!!!

Posted

Would people find it strange for it to be a balmy 3c here tonight? I was expecting a frost tonight but cloud cover is more than I expected so that is maybe why.

Castlebay Isle Of Barra

Outdoor temp 4.6c

Outdoor humidity 91%

Pressure 1032mb

Wind direction South East

Wind speed 13mph

Cloud Height 565ft

Wet Bulb 4c

Rain in last 24hours 0.0mm

Total rainfall This Month 232.2mm

Dew Point 3c

Wind Chill -1c

Weather Cloudy dry dark

Over The Last 24hours averages and extra details,

Temperature dropped 3.5c

Pressure dropped 8mb

Humidity dropped 8%

Average wind speed 10mph

Dewpoint dropped 4.7c

Average wind direction South East

Moon age 1 day 2%

Sunrise and Sunset 9:03am - 4:02pm

Moonrise and Moonset 10:10am - 4:43pm

Posted
Would people find it strange for it to be a balmy 3c here tonight? I was expecting a frost tonight but cloud cover is more than I expected so that is maybe why.

That'll be the heat being generated by my Uncle who is fuming at Norwich losing to Forest earlier today, and not even scoring either of the goals themselves.

Posted

stunning clouds here today.

basically where I live a huge blanket of cloud coverd much of lewis yet around the ages thier was an area of clear sky basically a line at the edge of the cloud which visable for miles.

so just clear skies across to the mainland and cloud over lewis, last all day from 8am till sundown and didn't move all day, stunning when the sun set

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Another raw day in Coventry. Cloudy much of the night but cleared to give frost later on. Sunny spells today, but also rather cloudy at times, especially after 1400. Cold ENE wind. Mainly cloudy and hence no frost yet this evening.

Min: -1.3c.

Max: 3.2c.

Currently: +0.8c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

A Stunning day here in Cambridge with an obundance of sunny and dry weather conditions. Maximum temperature's were supressed though - struggling to the dizzy heights of 2.8C.

Looking forward to some very clear, cold and frosty night's from tomorrow as we pull in much drier air off the Continent. Some very low night-time minimum temperature's come wednesday night.

Seasons ;)

Posted

I thought I would just pop onto this thread before going to bed (Model thread stressful.) Plenty of cloud cover at the moment, only 2.2c so might not get

a frost this evening. Just seen latest BBC weather forecast, and those darker blues are creeping closer and closer, so I expect night time frosts are going to be a permanent fixture for the next week (or two?). Night all. ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Very foggy in Inverness, -6.8'C

1032mb 3mph SW wind.

...oh hello Pete, another Invernesian :D

Cold here eh? I'm expecting colder tonight, think this fog is going to hang around all day again. Yesterday at daytime max of -4'C was freezing!

Edited by NorthernRab

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
Very foggy in Inverness, -6.8'C

1032mb 3mph SW wind.

...oh hello Pete, another Invernesian :D

Cold here eh? I'm expecting colder tonight, think this fog is going to hang around all day again. Yesterday at daytime max of -4'C was freezing!

Hi mate...bloody freezing, so to speak... :D