Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Forecast Temperatures

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: early spring, warm summers and cold winters

The forecast temperatures for my area, near weymouth, are consistently 3-5 degrees warmer than actual during cold spells. For example today the forcast at 9.00 is 6 degrees but it's only 0 degrees outside. This has been happening throughout the cold spell. I wonder if someone could look at it/explain why, I've tried putting in other close locations but the're still high. Thanks.

Posted
The forecast temperatures for my area, near weymouth, are consistently 3-5 degrees warmer than actual during cold spells. For example today the forcast at 9.00 is 6 degrees but it's only 0 degrees outside. This has been happening throughout the cold spell. I wonder if someone could look at it/explain why, I've tried putting in other close locations but the're still high. Thanks.

Aren't the netweather forecasts pulled straight out of the GFS model? Global models cannot handle the boundary layer particularly well, hence their temperature forecasts are never that good. Even meso scale models can't get it right much of the time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: early spring, warm summers and cold winters

Thanks for that, very annoying though as especially from a gardeners point of view it makes the forecast meaningless. I have to refer to the Met Office when it comes to planning for frost etc.

Posted

I'll have a look at it - in coastal areas it can be that the positioning of your location on our grid needs tweaking slightly to move you out of a grid point which is mostly over the sea - if you can pm with the actual location I'll look into it properly for you..