Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

New Camera Phone...

Posted

OK.

Looking to change my phone to a 5mp camera phone.

Have managed to wangle a deal on the line rental, and have the option of 3 phones:

1. Samsung F480 Tucco

2. LG Viewty

3. Sony Ericsson C902

4. Samsung U900 Soul

Only really want it for the camera, so any advice or experience is appreciated.

Cheers.

The man with a shiney bottom.

Posted

I have the Samsung Tocco and the picture quality is amazing, especially with the face detection etc. I'm not sure on the others, however, from personal choice i would have to say the Samsung. I have attached a picture taken on my Tocco to let you see the quality of image.

post-4308-1230723767_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

I've got the Viewty, but I think looking at that photo from the Tucco it's better than the Viewty for photos. Here's a sample picture from my Viewty...

post-3392-1230727449_thumb.jpg

Looks a lot more noise on it, but then again the light isn't as good so maybe it would perform better in brighter conditions.

Very pleased with it overall, i've had it a year with no problems :)

Posted

Cheers MCT.

I think it is coming down to the Tucco or Viewty. I like both. The viewty I think is older, but swaying between the two for different reasons.

Sony looks just as good technically, but the above two (and other Samsung) look like being the leaders.

Does anyone have any links to professional review sites for camera phones?

Might have a think about it for a little before calling back the provider.

Posted
Cheers MCT.

I think it is coming down to the Tucco or Viewty. I like both. The viewty I think is older, but swaying between the two for different reasons.

Sony looks just as good technically, but the above two (and other Samsung) look like being the leaders.

Does anyone have any links to professional review sites for camera phones?

Might have a think about it for a little before calling back the provider.

The Tocco is good, i have used both the viewty and tocco and found the tocco to have better specs than the viewty. The tocco is a full touch screen phone which is good but texting can be complicated to use until you get used to it as there isn't real buttons, there also isn't a stilus which would be handy. mine came with an 8GB micro SD memory card which is brilliant. The only down side is the scroll function when you have a large list of songs/pictures to look through. On the bright side though, it does have very good sound (i think it has an in-built amp if i remember correctly). Here is a link to some specs on the Tocco

http://uk.samsungmobile.com/mobile/SGH-F480?kind=

hope this helps...

Posted

Well, gone for the Samsung.

Quite chuffed as well.

Paying £10 per month for 15 months, then £20 per month for the final 3 months (although can upgrade during the last 3 months).

Get 100 minutes and 50 text too, with the phone FOC.

Looking forward to getting it now.

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
Well, gone for the Samsung.

Quite chuffed as well.

Paying £10 per month for 15 months, then £20 per month for the final 3 months (although can upgrade during the last 3 months).

Get 100 minutes and 50 text too, with the phone FOC.

Looking forward to getting it now.

I've just bought a Samsung G600 with a 5MP camera.

I get 150 texts and 150 minutes for £12 per month for 18 months on Virgin Mobile with the phone free, which I thought was a good deal, the camera takes superb pics and has a Zeiss lens.

Edited by Yeti

Posted

Well, I know its not an amazing shot (was hoping for some snow to enhance the picture), but this is the first of (hopefully) many.

post-1800-1231161553_thumb.jpg

Thanks YBY for the advice (and MCT...nearly went for the viewty in the end).

Hopefully I can get to grips with taking some good photos with this, but cant tell the difference in quality between this and my actual camera.

• 2 months later...

I've just bought a Samsung G600 Voip Phone with a 5MP camera.

I get 150 texts and 150 minutes for £12 per month for 18 months on Virgin Mobile with the phone free, which I thought was a good deal, the camera takes superb pics and has a Zeiss lens.

:D

I am so happy to read this...I have been shopping for a new phone and was considering this model.

Thank you for helping me make up my mind!

S. Slate