Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Idea For General Weather Chat Thread

Posted

I don't know what you guys think of this idea, but I thought it might be interesting and a bit of fun! I sometimes go onto the general weather chat thread to read and occasionally post. What I have noticed, is that there is alot of information on there from members, on temps, humidity, pressure, and general weather description. I wondered if we could have a continually updated 'working wall', a map of the British Isles where that information can be put on, and clicked onto for members to see what the weather is doing all over the country at any given time. I know we read this information when looking at the posts, but it would be nice to see it on the screen. I also wondered if we could compare our collective information (weekly?) with the Met O's and see how we come out against them. I don't know how possible this would be for you to do, and I hope others might find it a good idea to use all that information. Has anyone else got any other ideas ?

Happy New Year everyone!

Loraine x

Oh by the way, I might have jumped the gun here, as there are areas of Net-Weather that I don't access, so sorry if this is already being done in some other part of the Forum.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Hi There, I've always wondered about this, id love it as im always reporting weather. I've been thinking about posting this idea for a while..The weather outlook has a map in which reporters can post their weather reports with icons, temps, text etc. They use google maps...Another good idea would be to have a page like Metcheck had where you could report the weather with cool icons etc.

Would love to hear your feedback on what you think about this...

Posted
Hi There, I've always wondered about this, id love it as im always reporting weather. I've been thinking about posting this idea for a while..The weather outlook has a map in which reporters can post their weather reports with icons, temps, text etc. They use google maps...Another good idea would be to have a page like Metcheck had where you could report the weather with cool icons etc.

Would love to hear your feedback on what you think about this...

All great ideas! I kept thinking about all the information being provided, and it just sitting there. All of these ideas would put it to good use, and make the thread even more interesting for the user. Judging by Pauls comment, (unless i've misinterpreted it) I think the team might have something already in the pipeline.Thanks Marcus. :rolleyes:

Posted

yeah thats a brilliant idea i think we should do that!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Posted

sounds similar to XCWeather it would be great here on NW Paul :lol:

talking of the general weather thread... is there any chance we could go back to the good old weather reports thread. with just data posted. it seems there are so many other threads all related to current conditions that to have genral chat with weather reports seems a bit confusing. :rolleyes:

Guest Shetland Coastie

They have something like that on Scottish Weather Network, a Mesomap which shows all the members weather stations and their current readings. I have to say I like it and think it would be a good idea on here.

:rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.
They have something like that on Scottish Weather Network, a Mesomap which shows all the members weather stations and their current readings. I have to say I like it and think it would be a good idea on here.

:rolleyes:

Hey there, sounds good, but maybe not "Personal Weather Stations" id rather want to input my own data, as some people don't have their weather stations connected with their computers