Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Reports Monday 5th Jan

Paul

Guest North Sea Snow Convection
Excellent :)

Better than here, although we managed about 0.5cm of very wet snow which froze solid, very icy here.

Please send some of those real snow showers to me,

Paul

Hi Paul

Still waiting for those real snow showers to develop. The morning snow is very patchy now but I am hoping that the colder air arrives soon with maybe another snow shower or two to provide some further lying snow to freeze up overnight.

Still, large amounts of snow were never predicted - so I am grateful that I have had some, whatever happens the rest of the day :)

Your photos from last week btw were beautiful!

Posted

Dusting of snow here this morning, showers at 1020pm last night, still a very hard frost with absolutely NO sign of it even shifting a little bit

Posted

About 1-2 Centimetres overnight and still laying in the Back Garden. One or two McFlurries this afternoon not amounting to anything at all.

Paul S

Posted

woke to a dusting - drove to the city down the back lanes and there was/is 1-2 cm cover in places - light flurries have continued all morning and lunchtime on and off occasionally of enough oomph to redust but in the main it is flakes in the breeze.

Light sugar coating remains on many surfaces but some melting - should carry some cover through the night and clouds look condusvie for a few more showers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

The peak of deepest mid winter here in Freshwater bay, we have just had a light snow flurry, it lasted 2 minutes.

It rained here overnight, now at last we are able to get snow, of course all the cloud giving snow has passed by :)

Hope for a better show next winter. :)

Russ

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

Tops of the downs had 1 1/2-2 inches this morning. On lower ground more like 1 inch or less. A few flurries in the afternoon so far and it is snowing lightly as I type.

Posted

Light dusting of snow in Borehamwood at 7:30 this morning. Continued to snow lightly until 10 am then stopped. Temp reached 3 degrees so snow melted except in sheltered shady spots. Currently showers of snow grains which are settling on concrete etc.

Posted

Hey, woke up this morning to more snow! Must of snowed alot throughout after I went to sleep at around 12.

post-9054-1231164888_thumb.jpg I woke up to this.

post-9054-1231164916_thumb.jpg This was the back garden when I decided to step outside.

And theres still snow around now look..

post-9054-1231164974_thumb.jpg The back garden again, but now.

post-9054-1231165000_thumb.jpg Looking out to the road infront now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Nothing much to report overnight - the lightest of dustings if you looked hard enough!

This afternoon we had a light flurry folllowed by a 10 minute beefier shower that gave another light dusting on edges of pavements etc.

Posted

very light dusting here at 6am, returned home to some proper flakes and a shower lasting 10 mins, not enough to cover the ground but you can see the flakes on the ground.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

1-2cm of overnight snow and flurries throughout the day. Wonderful wintry scene. Hazardous road conditions with the gritters tending to not visit my area.

Snow persisting all day with a hard frost likely tonight. Approaching -2C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow!!!

well, second time this winter that it has snowed here - an event last seen 5 years ago - so lots of happy kids (and parents) skidding about. Not exactly adrift with the stuff - about a decent centimetre or so. Cor, it all looked sooo lovely this morning! :wacko:

Posted

Its been an cold day we had snow this morning that gave a nice dusting. Still cold now at -0.7°C.

Posted

welcome to NW and hope you enjoy the site

glad you had snow but it would help if you put your nearest town in your avatar please?

many thanks

Posted

Just for the record, as I believe theses threads are saved. About 1cm of snow overnight, last shower around 7.30am.

Dave

Posted

Snowed between 12.30am - 5am this morning, the odd moderate burst. Left 4cm of snow, which thawed for a while after stopping. Now 1-2cm still left in most places. Much less about 15-20 miles south of here at work - all melted and clear there by mid-afternoon. But here the roads are now like an ice rink. Odd very light flurry this morning and afternoon.

Edited by mackerel sky

Posted

well the weather in this country is messed up,it rained at -0.7c at 5am,it SNOWED :winky: :w00t: :yahoo::drunk::shok::cold::clap: at 4.10pm at 2.2c!!! :winky:

SP

Posted

been a cold day again in bloxwich approx 500ft asl) currently -3 with cloud cover, trying to snow at the mo, had approx 4cm last nt early hours this morning :winky: a nice surprise.

Posted

Shrewsbury, Shrewsbury, why are you so messed up when it comes to snow?

This morning, following nigh on 2 years with no lying snow at all, it decides to tease us by giving some parts of town a 1cm dusting, other parts a <0.5cm sprinkling, and leaving other parts with just black ice and nothing sufficient enough to class as lying snow.

To sum up this is what different areas of town (a town only 4 miles wide) had at 9am; all roads/areas mentioned shown on Streetmap

1) Southern half of town, south of a line from Crowmere Road to Radbrook Road- including Meole, Sutton Fm, Belle Vue, most of Radbrook and southern half of Monkmoor: 1-1.5cm lying snow, wthich had frozen after falling, rooves and roads visibly white.

2) North of this line: Area between Radbrook Rd and Mytton Oak Rd, Porthill/Kingsland, the town centre generally, and most N and NE suburbs (rest of Monkmoor, Harlescott, Sundorne, Mt Pleasant)- ice topped by a slight sprinkling of snow, less than 0.5cm but still enough to make a lying snow day. (I live in this zone)

3) NW suburbs (Shelton, Oxon, Bicton Heath) and locally around Greenfields- just frost and black ice, slight trace of snow not enough to count under MO rules. Southern boundary of this zone less than a mile from edge of zone 1!

This is a seriously messed-up town that needs a no-nonsense dump of deep snow to sort itself out! :rolleyes: