Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Todays Weather And General Weather Chat

MAF

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Temperature is rising quite rapidly here. Gone from 0.7c to 1.4c in a short space of time. It's not even sunny.

Posted

well im pleased to say the snow has only thawed slightly here, but the main roads are all clear(as you'd expect). the countryside near me is exceptionally pretty, with little sign of anyone tredding on the paths, and still thick snow there. perfect conditions for sledding today if you ask me. with a very cold night forecast, i expect the frost will just enhance the slipperiness and make sledging better.

Posted

Temp: 1.8 C

Dew Point: -4.2 C

Windchill: 0.6 C

RH: 64.5%

Pressure: 1029 mBar

Wind: 1.15 m/s from SSE

Dry, sunny, icy.

What's this 'snow' stuff that people keep talking about?

Edited by RedShift

Posted

Didn't really get enough snow in the end for it to stick, almost all gone now. The soil had been frozen for about 4 days, now soft but still very cold. Low last night was -1.8c, currently +2.2c. One or two light snow flurries.

Posted
Didn't really get enough snow in the end for it to stick, almost all gone now.

A bit like Flames title hopes eh ?!!!

Go Phantoms !!!

PS: definitely snowing here in Peterborough ..... thought it was tiny midges but definitely snow-flakes !!!

Edited by Paul33

Posted
0.8C, broken cumulus, grey, wind from the NE, 1022mb.

0.6c, the snow stuck all day long. very lucky and grateful, hopefully should get a little something on tuesday night/ wednesday morning.

Posted
A bit like Flames title hopes eh ?!!!

Go Phantoms !!!

They were champions 2007/2008 season, wouldn't really expect anything else - the 5-3 defeat against slough yesterday was another home fluke, they beat them 7-3 away on the 3rd. Still 2 points ahead of you, mind, not entirely sure how many games are in hand.

Temperature dropped to 1.6c. Expecting a severe frost tonight, and with it being wet should be icy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

If I am going to get the -8c that the Met Office are forecasting then I am going to need a huge temperature drop. It won't go below 0.7c and the sun has been gone for over an hour.

Posted

It hasn't got above 13 DgC in our offices today as the ancient radiators struggle to keep pace after being switched off over Christmas. If we were a Government agency or department we would have all gone home by now as the regulations specify a minimum temp of 16 DgC in offices!

It's actually warmer in the workshop where the minimum would normally be 13 DgC! But this is the real world and with industry generally quiet at the moment, we just crack on with the order book and look for more work.

Posted

A lovely sunny day generally and in the shade this mornings snow reminas untoched, in fact very little has melted except for roads, pavements etc.

Temp reached 1.9c today, now 0.9c with about 4/8 cloud (statrus).

Castlebay Isle Of Barra

Outdoor temp 5c

Outdoor humidity 85%

Pressure 1027mb

Wind direction South

Wind speed 16mph

Gust 22mph

Cloud Height 964ft

Wet Bulb 4c

Rain in last 24hours 0.0mm

Total rainfall This Month 2.5mm

Dew Point 2.6c

Wind Chill -4c

Weather Cloudy dry dull

Posted

Just starting to get dark here and the temperature is dropping quickly! Down to -0.5c and clear, it's going to be a cold night :wallbash:

Posted

Current temp here 0.2c quite abit of cloud cover here to wind picking to

looks like it might snow?

Posted

Max of 2.3c today with long sunny spells and a bitter NE breeze after showery snow cleared at about 08.30 .

As of now the temperature is 0.3c.

If I am going to get the -8c that the Met Office are forecasting then I am going to need a huge temperature drop. It won't go below 0.7c and the sun has been gone for over an hour.

Nick, on Sat eve the temp was stuck at +0.4c to +0.7c for about 4 hours under a crystal clear sky between 15.30 and 19.30 when I went out.... The min ended up as -6.5c!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

very weird day today :wacko: The few mm of snow slowly melted around midday and quickly refrose to form running rivers of ice - looks wonderful but trecherous. Temperature is dropping through the floor now under clear skies - well below freezing

Posted

Just a very light dusting of snow overnight. Current temp. after a sunny day is -2.6c, and the coming night could be the coldest so far this month in N.W. England.