Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Icy Scenes Around Farnborough

Posted

Farnborough in Hampshire has recorded some of the coldest night-time temperatures in the UK over the past few days with several minima of -8C or below (-10C last night).

Here are a couple of pics from a rather cold Sunday bike ride...

Basingstoke Canal alongside Farnborough airfield. The swans had kept a little area free of ice, and there's also a heron there although rather hard to spot!:

72aa6s.jpg

The ice was pretty difficult to smash but I had to find out how thick it was... 4 inches, thicker in places:

ycttw.jpg

And up on the heath there were some big puddles that were frozen solid enough to play around on with my bike... :blush:

dbl6df.jpg

27xjzhu.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Long hot summers and Deepest darkest snows of Winter
Farnborough in Hampshire has recorded some of the coldest night-time temperatures in the UK over the past few days with several minima of -8C or below (-10C last night).

Here are a couple of pics from a rather cold Sunday bike ride...

Basingstoke Canal alongside Farnborough airfield. The swans had kept a little area free of ice, and there's also a heron there although rather hard to spot!:

72aa6s.jpg

The ice was pretty difficult to smash but I had to find out how thick it was... 4 inches, thicker in places:

ycttw.jpg

And up on the heath there were some big puddles that were frozen solid enough to play around on with my bike... :blush:

dbl6df.jpg

27xjzhu.jpg

looks tricky on the ice!