Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Farting Tax?

jethro

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

http://www.businessandmedia.org/articles/2...1230165231.aspx

Are we facing a future where sprouts and baked beans will be taxed? Will the next round of VAT shuffling create an extra "duty" to be attached to methane producing foodstuffs?

Swimming pools already exist which have an additive in the water which changes colour upon contact with urine, thereby exposing the secret seepage for public ridicule and outrage. Will a similar product be developed and added to our drinking supplies, reacting when methane exists and meets oxygen?

What colour would they choose? Red? Imagine walking down a high street near you and spotting a crimson cloud emanating from the rear end of the person in front. No longer would Prince Phillip be able to "pop one out" with impunity on a royal walkabout.

I'm sure it would add an extra sparkle to the joy found in saying "go on, pull my finger".

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

I though cows 'burped' their methane? It's as if someone in EPA wishes to push folk away from doing their bit.......almost like the conservatives pushing wind power as the only sensible 'renewable' so as to incline folk towards supporting nuclear.....

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
I though cows 'burped' their methane? It's as if someone in EPA wishes to push folk away from doing their bit.......almost like the conservatives pushing wind power as the only sensible 'renewable' so as to incline folk towards supporting nuclear.....

Perhaps they use the old adage "It's better to burp and taste it, than fart and waste it!"

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
Swimming pools already exist which have an additive in the water which changes colour upon contact with urine, thereby exposing the secret seepage for public ridicule and outrage.

thats an urban myth im afraid no swimming pools contain any such additive..try it next time your down the pool..or is this just a cunning double bluff to catch you out? :)

Edited by cheeky_monkey

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
thats an urban myth im afraid no swimming pools contain any such additive..try it next time your down the pool..or is this just a cunning double bluff to catch you out? :yahoo:

Have to agree here, I work at a swimming pool (2 in fact) and never, ever have I heard of this!

Posted
Perhaps they use the old adage "It's better to burp and taste it, than fart and waste it!"

not heard of that but I rather like that, must remember it for when the need arises!

Posted

Damn, damn, damn and blast it; no tooth fairy, no santa and now no pee dye; is nothing sacred in this world? Can anyone please confirm Leprechauns do exist? Please tell me they're real...

Posted

nope and not even fairies at the bottom of the garden

no sign of cold in the charts

need I go on?

Posted
nope and not even fairies at the bottom of the garden

no sign of cold in the charts

need I go on?

Boo hiss, get thee behind me....

I can promise you they do!

Awwww, thank you. Certainly explains a few strange goings on around these parts; I reckon they came over for Glastonbury Festi, spent all their money on scrumpy and couldn't find their way home. Or is it Cornish pixies on a cheap away day??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

We have a 'hob' at the bottom of our garden (or is it a barbie?............)

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Posted

Nah, definitely barbie; unless you bought out of season, trying to save a pound or two.

Posted
Damn, damn, damn and blast it; no tooth fairy, no santa and now no pee dye; is nothing sacred in this world? Can anyone please confirm Leprechauns do exist? Please tell me they're real...

I can recall in the warm summer of 1976, in a crowded outdoor pool in London (The Oasis - is it still there?), a small child pointed to a small brown object bobbing about in the water.

"What's that?" she cried pointing to the offending object, and my companion, a nurse who knew about these things, replied matter-of-factly:

"That's a turd, my dear."

Rest assured, even if pee dye is a myth, poo indicators for pools were around years ago. :D