Cold?
IGNORED

Do You Still Have Snow On The Ground ?

stewfox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Where I live, 20 miles north of Oxford, any snow (I was away) has long gone

I was surprised to see some snow still left in Aylesbury today

Have people still got snow in their gardens and if so how much ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I still have snow, but only very slushy deposits in the most sheltered of sheltered places. Will almost certainly still be there in the morning as it is -2c now. Not bad at all for 1 inch of snow to partially remain for 6 days!

Posted
I still have snow, but only very slushy deposits in the most sheltered of sheltered places. Will almost certainly still be there in the morning as it is -2c now. Not bad at all for 1 inch of snow to partially remain for 6 days!

same situation here nick. very sheltered areas have slushy deposits of snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Ditto but don't think it even reached 1 inch here, a centimeter at best but I have seen several persistant patches in areas as I drive around.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

same as nick really just the odd built up pile, no snowmen as snow didnt fall on a holiday or a weekend, cant see any from my window, went wednesday night -0.6C now

Posted

There wasn`t an inch here either half an inch,and it`s still frozen along our yard with still a covering and doesn`t want to go. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Nope, never had any, but then again this is Exeter! It turns out that Cleadon in Tyne & Wear hasn't had any from this cold spell either, just a few wintry showers overnight on 5/6 January which just left a smattering of hail cover there.

I heard that they had some snow over at UEA Norwich but just a dusting- nothing exciting really, and I doubt any of it will be still lying.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

All gone now bar the snowman who is clinging on for now - but with less than 2cm and at low asl always a big ask for to remain for long.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

there is still some about some fields still got frozen covering - not much fell but hardly any melted. this morning at 9am in the village where I live, it was still -8 degrees in full sunshine!

Edited by sarah7meme

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Yes. The snowman stands strong :)

A few patches here and there.

Posted
I heard that they had some snow over at UEA Norwich but just a dusting- nothing exciting really, and I doubt any of it will be still lying.

Generally round Norfolk the snowfall was mainly gone by yesterday (Thursday) morning however there were still patches in places and I noticed some fields in the centre of the county still had a good dusting (especially ploughed fields) as late as yesterday morning.

This morning there was very little left - the fields noted above were reduced snow wise to some little clumps in shady corners and such like and there were the odd slushy patches here and there in the county.

Tonight - I would imagine there is very little left - the odd patch here and there that might survive into tomorrow I guess.

There was a good display from Sunday night until Wednesday night however.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Still patches of snow here and there but only in sheltered spots. :)

Posted

Half of Basingstoke is still white with snow. It's a light covering, but all the trees are white. It's as pretty as a xmas card in places, well as much as Basingstoke can be pretty :)

Posted
Still patches of snow here and there but only in sheltered spots. :)

Snow ? WHATS THAT. Havent seen a flake for years now here in sunny Bournemouth.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

Patches on lawn and around kerbs in outskirts. Patchy covering in local fields.......Gravesend, Kent

Posted

tiny tiny patches clinging on in shady bits , just dropped to -3, was those snow reports in and around oxford verified today?

Posted

Its not suprising that the snow has lasted so long in some places. The cold temperatures, frozen ground and weak sunshine are an excellent mix for it.

Here we're still waiting for our first lying snow of the winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

All melted around here but I think there are still some patches up on the tops.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells
Its not suprising that the snow has lasted so long in some places. The cold temperatures, frozen ground and weak sunshine are an excellent mix for it.

Here we're still waiting for our first lying snow of the winter.

Yep same here - I think we're the only two on this whole forum sharing the same frustration with low cloud, relatively high temps and a total lack of 'winter weather'. While he sea freezes in the usually ultra-mild south west and cold weather payments are sent out in many places, we're still struggling to get temps below 0c and see any frost - never mind snow! Bain of living in range of the North Sea I guess. It's good at ruining any extreme weather be it summer or winter. I remember many summer days where wall to wall hot sunshine (and maybe extreme high temps) is promised but that evil finger of low cloud ruins it for many eastern areas. We're stuck at 16c and everyone else basks in 30c - the main reason 'easterly' never ever brings any joy to my mind...

Posted

Yes still a few patches in the fields and gardens around here.

13 days in total so far this winter of snow lying at 9.00am

Cheers,

Chrissy...

Edited by Chrissy