Total rainfall This Month 50.1mm

Dew Point 9c

Wind Chill -2c

Weather Cloudy showers dull

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

All change, 8c strong winds and cloudy

Posted

Not being a fan of wet and windy, to have a second day of this dull, dark, miserable, wet & windy stuff is unpleasant. This sort of weather here in the winter means a day without any apparent daylight. Much prefer sunny & frosty or a fresh northerly bringing in snow showers with sunshine between.

Temp is a very mild 10.2. Pressure a steady 995mb.

Posted

We have the highest temperature since Christmas Eve, it's 8.5c at the moment with a fresh SW breeze and hazy sunny spells.

I really think some perspective is needed around here, there has just been 18 days without a temperature above 5c and for much of the time it's been well (WELL!) below that!

Edited by Andy Bown

Posted

i cant wait to this hot weather goes away its so hot at 10c this time last week it was -1c i so cant wait to next week!!!!!! :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Cloudy with light rain falling here. Wind has decreased a little; at 0900 it was averaging 34 mph SW with a temp' of 3.5c and felt as cold as yesterday when it was -3c with less wind.

Posted

Mildest Day of the Year so far = 10.7C this morning, and also the windiest with winds gusting to 70mph here - 7mm of rain recorded since midnight but excepting much heavier rainfall by this evening, Metoffice has given Gwynedd a warning for up to 70mm of rain tonight!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Currently gusty and 10.6C feels balmy!

Posted

It's currently 11 degrees WARMER than this time yesterday, at 8c. There's a breeze picking up from the WSW and what looks like a front on the north west horizon. It's bright and sunny and almost feels spring-like after the past fortnight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Bright sunshine and 5.4C (my fingers went on auto and nearly typed the 'minus sign/–' before the temperature :good: , shows how cold it's been over the last few weeks). This cold spell has been superb, I don't understand those who've said it's boring (expensive maybe), it's what winter's about, different seasons, different temperatures. The worst is living, as we have been for some years, in a country where the temperatures only differ by 10 degrees from season to season...

But looking out the window I see we still have lying snow from Monday, ground temps must still be very cold. Honestly here's the picture :cray:

post-8078-1231678639_thumb.jpg

Posted

It hasnt been that mild here so far, with a top temperature so far of 6.6C. Very windy though with gusts of 35-40mph.

Its colder in our flat than during any part of this cold spell, due to the poor condition of our windows and being exposed to the south-west wind off the Humber, the wind blows all the heat out. With the heating on constant its just 16.5C in here. Really wish our landlord would replace them, but fat chance of that!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

There's some very heavy rain falling to the north and south of Glasgow at the moment, anyone up there to report on it?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Blizzards, Storms, Sun, Lightening
There's some very heavy rain falling to the north and south of Glasgow at the moment, anyone up there to report on it?

I'm slightly to the west of Glasgow and it simply hasn't stopped raining for about 24 hours now. Haven't been out today to see if there is any sort of flooding but no doubt there will be especially considering there is still a good deal more rain to come yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells
Bright sunshine and 5.4C (my fingers went on auto and nearly typed the 'minus sign/–' before the temperature :) , shows how cold it's been over the last few weeks). This cold spell has been superb, I don't understand those who've said it's boring (expensive maybe), it's what winter's about, different seasons, different temperatures. The worst is living, as we have been for some years, in a country where the temperatures only differ by 10 degrees from season to season...

It's been boring here as it's been so dull with few of the extreme low temps many people have been reporting. I think most people would get bored of temps mostly 0-2c with endless featurless status cloud all the time... I'll be glad to see the back of it! I'll welcome back cold when it comes from the north - then I'll see things like day to night temp variations, *sunshine*, stars - and maybe even frost!

Today is much milder - now 7.9c rising fast. Not stepped out to feel that tropical air just yet but I shall be doing! Just had some rain and once again its overcast...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Like the rest of the country a very much milder day but the strong south west wind making it feel chilly still. Overcast.

Temp is currently the maximum for the year being 7.8c

Pressure 1018.2 steady

Wind SW

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Just had maximum gust of the day here 41 mph from the south

Temp 7.6c