Thunder?
Local
Radar
Pollen
IGNORED

When Does The Day Start

Posted

Apologies if this sounds a daft question , but I have a Watson W-8681 wireless weather station, purchased from Maplins.

For my simple needs I am quite happy, it seems to be recording things fairly accurately, but can anyone tell me when the "Day" starts for the purposes of the records , is it from midnight to midnight or 6am - 6am ? Just curious !! :)

raindance

• Replies 10
    • Created
    • Last Reply
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

right or wrong but for my temp records i go from midnight to midnight, for min and max, my thermometer automatically resets at midnight to start temp for new day

Posted

almost all auto weather stations, as commented above, have a day which is 00-24, meteorological data is usualy 09-09z, so its not easy to 'marry' the two together other than manually making the alerations needed.

Most people do their temperatures, from the auto data, and make it 09-09z, but leave the rainfall it seems.

depends what you want and hvae time to do?

Posted

My station runs the 9 to 9 setup. It should tell you in the instructions what hours it uses.

Apologies if this sounds a daft question , but I have a Watson W-8681 wireless weather station, purchased from Maplins.

For my simple needs I am quite happy, it seems to be recording things fairly accurately, but can anyone tell me when the "Day" starts for the purposes of the records , is it from midnight to midnight or 6am - 6am ? Just curious !! :)

raindance

Don't know what software your using but this one you can set the time. http://sandaysoft.com/

Posted

It's a question I've asked myself a few times, because when I used to take manual readings, I'd run the day from 9am, but now I've got a VP2, it's midnight to midnight. This makes things like a night's lowest temperature hard to calculate and the records, to my mind at least, a bit misleading.

What I need is some software which fools the weather station into thinking it's 9 hours on, but still allow my website to display the right time, which, perhaps, this Sanday Weather software does?!

Posted
    not seen that before G thanks for the link

I use that one John. Works well for me and it's nice and easy to set up and read.

Posted

I have managed to find out the manufacturer and they have replied that it is midnight to midnight. Also sorted out the rain meter - it was my fault, I had it on 'total' rainfall rather than "24hrs".

The software that comes with it - which I haven't loaded yet is "easyweather" not sure whether this is Ok or not ?

Regards

raindance

Archived