Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Today's Weather And General Chat

grab my graupel

Posted
Clear blue skies with just the odd fast moving cloud. Lovely day with an almost spring feel to it. Was a pretty wild & wet night last night - I do enjoy the Atlantic for providing lots of weather!

Despite the wet night last night (which didn't damped our spirits too much!) it's been a good weekend with lots of sunshine and deep blue skies. Gimme this over most of the weekends this winter anyday!

3.4c min now 6.1c

The light shining into our house is blinding! What's going on with this?!?!

By the way, you might just be right about that road up to the Park being colder at the top - I obscurely felt colder as I went up that road the other day. Maybe it was my imagination though...

Posted

Early rain has given way to a pleasant mid-winter's day with sunny spells, and its currently 6.6C here. Lovely for an afternoon walk along the beach!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Well I don't know where all these showers are supposed to be. Very sunny here at the moment allowing the temperature to lift after a low of 3.4C. 7.1C at present.

I can see some cu-nimbs to the southwest.

Posted
Well I don't know where all these showers are supposed to be. Very sunny here at the moment allowing the temperature to lift after a low of 3.4C. 7.1C at present.

I can see some cu-nimbs to the southwest.

Looking out my back garden, i can see some pretty beefy clouds in the distance; probably across 'the bridge' into s.wales. Could be heading this way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells
The light shining into our house is blinding! What's going on with this?!?!

By the way, you might just be right about that road up to the Park being colder at the top - I obscurely felt colder as I went up that road the other day. Maybe it was my imagination though...

It prob feels cold today as it's a very exposed spot to the westerly winds. But I imagine for marginal frost/ice formation those extra few feet make the difference.

Just taken a 'turn about the Park' and this sunshine is lovely on all the fancy houses - makes me wish I was rich enough to afford one!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Temperature is up to 4.5c now. no showers yet and i think that small cluster in south wales is going to miss us. I was sure that only last night they were showing widespread wintry showers in west country? not a shower around.

Posted
It prob feels cold today as it's a very exposed spot to the westerly winds. But I imagine for marginal frost/ice formation those extra few feet make the difference.

Just taken a 'turn about the Park' and this sunshine is lovely on all the fancy houses - makes me wish I was rich enough to afford one!

Ah, that was on Wednesday. I'd had a massive hike from mine to the QMC to return a library book, then off to a friend's to revise with her. Just walking up that road (and this is midday) just felt colder. Like I said, might have been me.

Didn't realise those houses were the nice ones...never seen 'em myself.

Still sunny this side of Derby Road!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

A pleasant winters day here......Temps 6.4C, Pressure 993mb and rising, winds, a light westerly breeze, and partly broken cloud cover giving pleasant spells of sunshine....not too shabby!

Deep snow reported on higher parts of shropshire so pretty good already, first day of a change over to cold is almost always around average for most(6C max here) before slowly getting colder every day and night, it still will not record anything like as cold temperatures as the last cold spell though, a lesson to those who want westerlies instead of continental anticyclonic weather, nothing beats slack continental flows for cold in the winter, i`m hoping for some slack lows soon to allow some really cold nights and then the temps will struggle by day if fog forms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Once the showers cleared through the sun came out and the temp climbed to 4.8C (now down to 3.5C) pressure 998 and rising, winds from the SW 11knots and a wind chill of -1.3C. Some dark clouds around but all in all not a bad end to the day.

Posted

Are our Northern Irish friends back on yet, someone commented that none of them were about last night, perhaps out enjoying the snow. Then I saw the ITV news 10 mins later and it said that 100,000 homes were without power!

Posted

A real contrast from last night's wild weather. Apart from a brief cloudy spell around midday it's been mostly sunny all day with just the occasional cumulus. Maximum 7.6 after an overnight minimum of 3.2.

Posted

yeah it was quite windy last night but later through the night it snowed only lied above 100m and today it snowed again and then rained at 4c and stopped and then started and dropped the temperature to 2c , i was begining to worrie about tonights snow but now we have a higher chance!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells
Ah, that was on Wednesday. I'd had a massive hike from mine to the QMC to return a library book, then off to a friend's to revise with her. Just walking up that road (and this is midday) just felt colder. Like I said, might have been me.

Didn't realise those houses were the nice ones...never seen 'em myself.

You mean the Park? Take a look as a detour when you're next walking into town - it's quite different to Lenton!

A lovely sunny winters day with a max of 6.2 now 4.7c.

Posted

Went to bed last night and it was still quite mild but woke up this morning and the temp was just 0.7C-the lowest its been since the cold spell ended. Today has been lovely- blue skies for the most part but its felt noticeably cooler with a high of just 3.7C compared to recent days of 8+C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Currently 3.8c with a dew point just touching zero i think Might snow tonight, I don't know though, Temperature refusing to budge :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Currently 4.9C with a dewpoint of +0.9C definitely no snow here tonight :)

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Saw a couple of bright flashes of lightning away to the NE from bed at 0045 when I could not sleep! People I was with today said there was TL yesterday evening 21-2200, overhead at Aberystwyth and also further down the coast at Newquay.

Cooler and breezy today, but rather pleasant overall. Frosty start to the day. Clear/ sunny spells and a few showers of rain and hail. Clear spells and chilly this evening, more cloudy now as the next lot of rain approaches!

Min: -0.5c @ 0830.

Max: 6.8c @ 1400.

Rain yesterday: 17.9mm.

Rain since 0900 today: 1mm approx.

Currently: Rather cloudy, dry.

Temp: 3.3c.

Pressure: 991mbar, falling slowly.