Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Today's Weather And General Chat

grab my graupel

Posted
You mean the Park? Take a look as a detour when you're next walking into town - it's quite different to Lenton!

A lovely sunny winters day with a max of 6.2 now 4.7c.

I might well do, I reckon I'd probs be over that way (Allington Ave.) sometime next week for revision, could give it a look! See if it compared with Sandbanks in Poole (which is just a bit special)!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells
I might well do, I reckon I'd probs be over that way (Allington Ave.) sometime next week for revision, could give it a look! See if it compared with Sandbanks in Poole (which is just a bit special)!

Try a walk in the day to see the pretty houses/scenery and at night for the gas lights - quite special it is!

A chillier night - now 3.8c but not falling much at the moment so probably not too much in the way of frost.

Posted
...nothing beats slack continental flows for cold in the winter, i`m hoping for some slack lows soon...

"slack" and "low" don't normally sit together, and certainly not in winter.

I think I know what you mean re sources of cold, but there's a more basic principle than that: nothing beats an air mass coming from a cold source, with minimal modification. The record book for the UK begs to differ re continental origin however. The record breaking cold of December 1981 came from a maritime feed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Moderate S breeze, mostly cloudy, a few snow grains, c0C...