Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

February CET

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

well I enjoyed the January one with its ups and downs and whilst I would love to have a nice cold Feb, I'm plumping for 4.3oC

Edited by V for Very Cold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I am going to change mine to 2.6c please.

Posted

2.9 for me please.

Looks like the best chance of breaking the 3c barrier for a long time. Really hope that Feb will consign that horrid 'even larger teapot' phrase to the dustbin.

Posted
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!

Best chance for a long time, I agree, Mark - but I don't think it'll make it, with a bitter first half but a much milder last third: my guess is a still chilly

+3.3oC

(partly chosen 'cos no-one else has picked 3.0 or 3.3 yet, and I fear 3.0's too low!)

Edited by osmposm

Posted

4.7*C

I remember being in Hawes during the Feb half term last year. We ate our picnic outside on the South facing slopes and wore short sleeves. February was, for a couple of days, more summer-like than most of the summer days. It could happen again.

Posted

Just like the first 7 days of Jan, Feb is looking like having a very cold start to the month, maybe not quite as severe as Jan but still well below average. Its once again going to come down to how long the cold can hang on for, In Jan it just didnt hold long enough for sub 3C but we shall have to wait and see...

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

Thought i put my punt up before , obviously not well

here goes

2.5c for me please

nigel

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

My final prediction is a bang on average 4.2C, both my methods call for a 1.5C anomoly in either direction, so while i would love to trust the negative one, i will play it safe.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Absolutely anything extreme or unusual

1.7c

Posted
My final prediction is a bang on average 4.2C, both my methods call for a 1.5C anomoly in either direction, so while i would love to trust the negative one, i will play it safe.

To be honest, SB, if I were using techniques that produce such a large range [anything from 2.7 to 5.7], I would be seriously questioning the techniques. :)

Edited by Mr_Data

Posted

I think the cold start is pretty well nailed on now. The question is how sustained will the cold likely to be. FWIW I think it is our best chance since 1991 (1.5C) and 1996 (2.5C). So I'm splitting the difference with 2.0C as my guess.

Posted
To be honest, SB, if I were using techniques that produce such a large range [anything from 2.7 to 5.7], I would be seriously questioning the techniques. :lol:

The majority of the time there is a very low range produced, just 0.5C in December, however January and February have been particulaly conflicting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Well judging by current indications I'd say a below/well below average month is on the cards, therefore 2.4c for me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm

After seeing the damage 'average' temps cause the CET in Jan I see a similar scenario in Feb but with a colder start so I'll plump for 3c

BFTP

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

The blindfold is in place, the pin is in hand. I stab down..... and it's 3.4c.

Posted

Ok, I'm going for a CET of

3.7C

After a cold start, I think we'll see a milder spell (though not very mild) and then see things turn colder again around mid month.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

3.6c for me please. cold first half of the month then generally milder

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

3.4c for me please

Another cold month