Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

February CET

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I'm posting in here while I still remember, so I don't end up a day late as usual!

3.1C for me please.

Posted

This is very hard to call, as i went for 1.9c for this month so was way off the mark. With the recent SW i'm thinking this could pack a punch this month, and also into March, and i think a very very cold spell is likely around mid-month.

Problem is i don't want to go overboard again.

Sod it, this could be the only realistic chance to do so, i'll go for 0.9c :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

I'll try 1.9C. Am going to be a little off for January, but February still has the SSW to deal with so I think it will be a cold one by recent standards

Posted
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme winter cold,heavy bowing snow,freezing fog.Summer 2012
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet

cold all the way until spring, i wish............. 1.9c please.

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Forecaster Centaurea Weather

CET to get absolutely nuked for the second half in particular.

2.7C please, and that may well be on the conservative side.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Got so carried away with the other threads forgot to post my punt! Oh I dont know...............3.3c.

Thanks.

Regards,

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

After seeing the 18Z GFS I'm starting to think my 1.9C could be too high already!

Posted

3.4c for me. I think it'll be very similar to January.

Another remarkably cold start to the month with a more average middle, before another cold spell at the end.

Edited by Tommyd1258

Posted

With extensive snow cover for the first time in years, IF air falls at all slack later this week there's a chance of some very low daily values. Two things in particular have conspired to keep monthly temps above 3.0C in the recent past - the failure of cold air to persist, particulary in terms of night time minima; and, the failure to return exceptionally low individual daily means.

The coldest individual day since the turn of the century in the released Hadley record was -1.85C, on Jan 1st 2002 (this was finally surpassed on New Year's Eve last year).

In the 1990s this level was breached on the downside 9 times. In the 1980s, 43 times. In the 70s, when winters used to be seen as being relatively mild for much of the decade, 24 times; and in the 60s, 38 times.

Not getting such an exceptionally cold day will not rule out a sub 3, but getting one or two would certainly help.

Posted

What stuffed us up last Jan from getting sub 3C was the way the Atlantic came back and whilst it wasn't strong it was enough to somewhat ruin the exceptionally cold start we had. We came close in Jan, hopefully the cold this month can last a little longer then it did in Jan, that would go some way to helping us go sub 3C.

Looks like a below average winter is nailed on, though below 61-90 average still a little uncertain though this cold start has made it less uncertain.

Edited by kold weather

Posted

As with Dec and Jan expect the first week of this month to return a very low CET indeed, theme seems to be occuring here...

Anyhow,what happened to the Jan CET thread - have the official figures come out yet? I'm guessing we ended up at 3.2 degrees but not confirmed.. also will Mr Data I think it is them who do the monthly round up be doing one again.. always enjoyed seeing where I was in the league last year..