Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Iceland - Reykjavik

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

I am going to be spending 5 days in Reykjavik, Iceland from the 10th to 15th February 2009.

I have looked at weather forecasts and averages, but my question is, am I guaranteed snow while there? It is obviously going to be cold/coldish but some snow while there would make it more special for me.

With the current charts maybe I will be spoilt in the UK beforehand anyway, but its just a little question.

Im going to be otuside alot, hunting for Northern Lights, spending the day at the Blue Lagoon and spending a day on the Golden circle tour seeing a Volcano, Lava fields, Viking parliament, Geizers (sp?), the national park and its waterfall- all very exciting and as Im going to be outside wrapped up warm, some snow would make it!

If anyone has been to Iceland at this time of year, or know's about the weather then please get back !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

LOL was certainly hoping for some bargains while there! :winky: The currency is up and down like a Yoyo though, in the last four weeks it seems to have ranged from between 158 and 194 ISK to one British Pound!

Posted

I don't know but whenever i have seen webcams from there it is nearly ALWAYS snowing! Whatever happens,hope you have a nice holiday!

Reykjavik has a very mild climate, barely any persistent snow in winter and hardly any summers. The avg through the whole winter is a merely 0°c and that is what you can expect in February. Mostly a few degrees above 0°c daytime most days, but colder periods below 0°c are not that rare. But it will probably be a little colder than in the UK. The averages for that period is -3°c for minima and 2°c for maxima, but do not get any further more expectations! Whatever the weather I hope you will have a nice northernly holiday! :winky: