165 members have voted

1. 1. How Will The Easterly Affect Your Location

• England
    • Scotland
    • Ireland
    • Wales

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Blizzards, Storms, Sun, Lightening
Now Now friend calm down us snow starved southerners have never had the rub off the green for a long while so its now our time to shine. What i will say though that may liven up your mood is that after the easterley we all look north east becouse current models have been faviouring a very cold spell comeing from that direction and hitting england and scotland the easterley could just be a starter before the main course mate. :lol:

Hello LLWA :lol:

I was looking at that but I think it is too far out to even contemplate at the moment. I just can't bear the thought of you English gloating about all the snow. It'll be like 1966 all over again :lol:

Edited by WhiteXmas

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I was looking at that but I think it is too far out to even contemplate at the moment. I just can't bear the thought of you English gloating about all the snow. It'll be like 1966 all over again :lol:

We have had to endure Scotland getting snow event after snow event after snow event for the past decade, now it's our turn :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

same here im miles too far north for snow, need changes or organised troughs and everything further north

Posted

I was looking at that but I think it is too far out to even contemplate at the moment. I just can't bear the though of you English gloating about all the snow. It'll be like 1966 all over again :lol:

Hi mate.

Your right it may be too far out. But we were in the same boat 8 days ago when these stunning charts first apeared. Also what you are forgeting is the ssw event that we should see after the easterley that will come along with the ne blast dont fear theres a trend here. :lol:

Posted
Hi mate.

Your right it may be too far out. But we were in the same boat 8 days ago when these stunning charts first apeared. Also what you are forgeting is the ssw event that we should see after the easterley that will come along with the ne blast dont fear theres a trend here. :lol:

That's a very valid point mate. I just don't want to comment on it because literally anything could happen! I agree there is a trend but that hasn't made the models any easier to predict in the past and I doubt it will this time either!

Posted

I'm not coming across all "keep the peace" like but i just hope this easterly delivers a good dumping to a large swathe of the UK. Not too much to ask for is it? :lol:

PS-LMAO at that NW snow chart- Now thats what i call ramping!

Posted
same here im miles too far north for snow, need changes or organised troughs and everything further north

And sadly I doubt that will happen but as LLWA said we could expect something from the next set up.

And Nick I wouldn't begrudge you any :lol: . You southerners have done well this year so far!

And don't forget it isn't coincidence that my name is WhiteXmas, I am a modern day snow god :lol: So any requests via PM :D :lol:

Edited by WhiteXmas

Posted
We have had to endure Scotland getting snow event after snow event after snow event for the past decade, now it's our turn :lol:

Well, there has to be some compensation for living this far north. It certainly isn't for the warm summers...

Posted

Easterly's are potentially the best for my location.

Northeasterlies usually provide clear sunny days, and northerlies usually produce snow when the mild air comes in from the west.

Posted
Monday morning rush hour - great day to have off work :lol:

prectypeuktopo.png

Damn!! Two areas of heavier precipitation. One over Kent & parts of Essex, the other over the Isle of Wight and clipping the coast south westwards. This leaves me bang in between in the lighter stuff! :lol:

At least it's FI I suppose.

:lol:

Edited by Don

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

i voted for wales...come on wales, please give us some decent snow

Edited by Marcus_surfer

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

It would have to be England surely that would get the most wintry conditions in the Easterly.Hopefully my location in Eastern Ireland would do decently out of the Easterly :lol:

Damn!! Two areas of heavier precipitation. One over Kent & parts of Essex, the other over the Isle of Wight and clipping the coast south westwards. This leaves me bang in between in the lighter stuff! :lol:

At least it's FI I suppose.

If it's any compensation, even those heavier areas would only equate to a couple of cms.

Later on into Tuesday looks potentially more interesting.

Posted

Eastern england always the best for heavy snow showers off an easterly.

It takes time for them to come further west and they are lighter,with the occasional heavy one,february 2005 was very good with frequent snow showers back to back from the east/NE on some days but daytime temps were dissapointingly high with thawing inbetween when the sun was out.

This looks colder as it`s earlier in the month and stronger winds. :lol:

East Wales does well in this setup.

Posted

The latest fax screams off febuary 1991 and if anyone has know idea what i am talking about all the info is right here http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd6DuebHliY I would advise the following.

Extra food.

A heater

Go down to the local gritter depot and nick there gritt.

More warmth

Extra blankets

Thick socks

And a eletronic sledge :lol: :D:D

Ohh sweet alabama are we on the cusp off something very very special :D:D:D:D

Posted
The latest fax screams off febuary 1991 and if anyone has know idea what i am talking about all the info is right here http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd6DuebHliY I would advise the following.

Extra food.

A heater

Go down to the local gritter depot and nick there gritt.

More warmth

Extra blankets

Thick socks

And a eletronic sledge :D:D:D

Ohh sweet alabama are we on the cusp off something very very special :D:D:D:D

Blimey I thought I was a hardcore ramper. :lol:

Posted
If it's any compensation, even those heavier areas would only equate to a couple of cms.

Later on into Tuesday looks potentially more interesting.

Yes, lets just hope this upcoming cold spell does deliver. Would certainly be a shame to only record 1cm of snow during a potentially coldest winter since 1995/96. Obviously the finer details will change over the coming days, but I am starting to get hopefull of seeing snow at some point during the next week or so.

Fingers crossed!

Posted
Blimey I thought I was a hardcore ramper. :lol:

:D well put it this way mate i am like a bloke high up on all class a drugs you can find. when snow and cold is forcasted ohh and forgot to add to the list RED BULLS on half price in iceland at the moment :D:D

Posted
:lol: well put it this way mate i am like a bloke high up on all class a drugs you can find. when snow and cold is forcasted ohh and forgot to add to the list RED BULLS on half price in iceland at the moment :D:D

Give me until tomorrows 12Zs and I shall begin to ramp myself.

I've been waiting for model output like today since I joined this forum and im wary of ramping for fear of putting a jinx on it. :D

Posted
Give me until tomorrows 12Zs and I shall begin to ramp myself.

I've been waiting for model output like today since I joined this forum and im wary of ramping for fear of putting a jinx on it. :lol:

Dave comeon your not a jinx just one off us a weather watcher. you are the ramp master i would class myself as your understudy i actually made up a liittle tune about the easterley spell and its to the footey tune off care free.

Care free were ever you may be.

My name is the beast from the east

And i rolling in to your country

And bringing a foot off snow with me.

:D:D:D:D:D

Hi! I am new to this forum! I hope this isn't a really stupid question, but is East Anglia set to see a lot of snow? because all the posts seem to suggest that the greatest risk is in Southern areas? :lol:

Welcome to NW! :D

It's nearly impossible to say how much precip there will be in 5+ days time, but current model outputs are pointing to snow, but i would say its too early to call.

Posted

I feel that this thread is missing a vital ingredient............

WILL IT SNOW IN CARDIFF!!?!!?!!