Which Location Will The Easterly Affect The Most  

165 members have voted

1. 1. How Will The Easterly Affect Your Location

• England
    • Scotland
    • Ireland
    • Wales

Posted
where abouts in liverpool mate? im in aigburth. we had some decent snow almost blizzard like the week before last if i remember rightly but it melted in about an hour or two just our luck!

Im not holding my breath, though there is talk for a little snow tuesday into wednesday.Most on here will say its an easterly event mainly and im not one to argue as im a newbee too but id like to think we will get some.heres hoping!

Hiya roady, I'm 200 yards off Queens Drive, about 2 minutes from the Rocket pub. (classed as Wavertree)

The blizzard we had recently was a sight to behold, I was off work, and about to walk to Broadgreen station to go over the water to the Wirral. I delayed my journey to marvel in the significant fall we had that day...only to trudge somewhat disappointed to the station some 30 mins later when the slush took precidence! :D

Hiya roady, I'm 200 yards off Queens Drive, about 2 minutes from the Rocket pub. (classed as Wavertree)

The blizzard we had recently was a sight to behold, I was off work, and about to walk to Broadgreen station to go over the water to the Wirral. I delayed my journey to marvel in the significant fall we had that day...only to trudge somewhat disappointed to the station some 30 mins later when the slush took precidence! :D

haha sound.just off the m62 then eh. yeah that was great i was so excited.then an hour later it was gone! ah well! lets hope for something a bit better this time, though im not holding my breath! :D

Posted
I'm really excited. New to the forum, I'd like to say hi to all users. I'm a snow lover, a fanatic, but living in Liverpool, snow is as rare as hens teeth.

I'm aware that the east will be the main recipients from Sunday, but would like to hear the regulars tell me the snow will move as far west as me!!

Cheers all, I've been preaching to all and sundry in work, (you know, the weather heathens) that we may get some decent snow on Monday/Tuesday! tell me I'm right and I'll be smiling into my strongbow!! :D

HAIL SEIZER!

Hi mate welcome to the rollercoaster forum. There is a chance as we move through monday and into tuesday that you will see some snow in the heavy shower form. but at the moment those in the eastern and south eastern area"s are likeley to benfit in terms off snow through the week. :D

Posted
Cheers mate . Where abouts are you from ? We have had a couple of snow events since 2000 but it is always hardly anything and melted in a couple of hours.

Lancashire, north west England so not expecting much. But certainly dont begrudge those who do get some!

Edited by Hot*Snow

Posted

Hi mate welcome to the rollercoaster forum. There is a chance as we move through monday and into tuesday that you will see some snow in the heavy shower form. but at the moment those in the eastern and south eastern area"s are likeley to benfit in terms off snow through the week. :D

Thanks for the info, I'm trying to be optimistic in my wishes, though years of following weather patterns, (from afar, not like you guys 'n' gals) has also given me a realistic streak. One things for sure, my game of golf, scheduled for Tuesday, has been put on ice..(sic)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Whatever you folks do, DON'T enter the Model thread, the 18z has derailed the roller coaster and things could turn nasty in there. Hopefully normal service will be resumed in the morning!

Posted

BREAKING NEWS

WINTER IS OVER!!!!!!!

HUGE DOWNGRADES

We should now expect the odd 'wintry mix' or 'flurry of snow' on higher ground and mountain tops, with rain and sleet everywhere else.

hehehe just kidding the way some people are going on in the model discussion that's what you would think!

Edited by tom_f123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

TBH the 18z GFS is quite a big downgrade but i wouldnt be surprised if normal service resumes tomorrow particularly as it seems so much different compared to recent runs.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
BREAKING NEWS

WINTER IS OVER!!!!!!!

HUGE DOWNGRADES

We should now expect the odd 'wintry mix' or 'flurry of snow' on higher ground and mountain tops, with rain and sleet everywhere else.

hehehe just kidding the way some people are going on in the model discussion that's what you would think!

I know, it's pathetic! If I wake up in the morning to find all 3 models have converted to the crap on the 18z, THEN I will worry. But one run? Forget it!

Posted
Whatever you folks do, DON'T enter the Model thread, the 18z has derailed the roller coaster and things could turn nasty in there. Hopefully normal service will be resumed in the morning!

This lends more power to jemtoms elbow.

Posted

The gfs has had a bottle off rum along with some home brewed cider tonight it"s just toying with us there is no support from the essemble"s and the euro"s. The fax and tonight"s essemble"s are simply stuning for the eastern district"s and south eastern england certainley game on and certainley tommrow"s early morning 00z run will be critical. it will nail on monday and tuesday 95%. good night fellow ramper"s actually already feeling the biteing easterley wind now with my window open. :rolleyes:

Posted

im predicting lake affect snow for yorkshire, for example the line with humber to Scunny to doncaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! uppers of -10 to -12 with sea temp of 6c!!!!!

Edited by grab my graupel
Scunny :)

Posted
im predicting lake affect snow for yorkshire, for example the line with humber to Scunny to doncaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! uppers of -10 to -12 with sea temp of 6c!!!!!

I await the mornings runs with interest :lol: :rolleyes:

Posted
I await the mornings runs with interest :lol: :rolleyes:

http://www.weatherquestions.com/What_cause...effect_snow.htm

read that, then look on google map, draw a line from possible wind direction, sea temp is 6c now (know that with surfing eastcoast all time), uppers of -12c tracking over the sea with strong winds, then the line can match the one i mentioned hehehe, hope im right !?!

Posted
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)

I know what you mean, it can get more heated in there than some football forums!

My concern is that two of the last three GFS runs have been milder, especially down here in the South.

Posted
I know what you mean, it can get more heated in there than some football forums!

My concern is that two of the last three GFS runs have been milder, especially down here in the South.

The gfs run alway"s has alot off trouble makeing up it"s mind at this range. The ecm and gem handles this type off situation far better. And with tonight"s ecm and gem not going with the gfs at all i think we should all be fairley confident off seeing snow esp in eastern area"s and south eastern area"s. I was listening to my local raido station earlier on they spoke to a forcaster at the met office. And when the presenter asked the question is london going to be affected the answer was very much so with strong easterley winds and quite a large scale off snow throughout the week but esp on monday and tuesday. he then went on to say after that we see a very breif restbite before the even more colder and potentially more snowier weather moved in and for a good while too. :rolleyes:

Posted

yep,this easterly is going to downgrade in a big fashion the long feed is not there just look at the feb 1991 charts and look at where the feed came from on them

Posted
yep,this easterly is going to downgrade in a big fashion the long feed is not there just look at the feb 1991 charts and look at where the feed came from on them

Look mate i started this thread to ramp and to vote where it will be at it"s worst. Not to say it"s going to downgrade in a big fassion. Which only one run stated with the other 10 clearley not. so if you would like to talk about the downgrade"s here please post it at this link :rolleyes:http://www.netweather.tv/forum/index.php?s...51&start=51

Posted

Once again, another member seemingly happy to give their opinion without backing it up with any kind of analysis or fact!

:rolleyes:

Posted
Once again, another member seemingly happy to give their opinion without backing it up with any kind of analysis or fact!

:rolleyes:

Yes thats true pl i mean whats the point in trying to wind others up when you know your going to get corrected for it becouse there is no support from the euros and essembles?

Posted

I have only one thing to say in a ramping thread..........

BRING ON THE SNOW !!!! :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

only a 2 day easterly by the looks of it, thought yesterdays 12z was too good nowadays, still should see snow monday and monday night, meto says snow becoming frequent in W midlands monday night, then milder by tuesday

Posted

In the way of a short-term prospects, things are looking extremely favourable for NE Areas, stretching from NE England, perhaps down into the East Midlands and Lincolnshire. The window of opportunity from this Easterly looks to be between Sunday afternoon, all the way through to Tuesday morning - where things MAY turn a little more marginal.

Taking a closer look snow showers will begin to develop early on Sunday afternoon. Initially limited to Eastern coastal areas, but as we go into the evening these showers will penetrate much further inland, become more frequent, and perhaps gain in intensity. Into Monday and this is looking very favourable for many Eastern areas. Snow showers from the get go for many areas, again becoming more frequent and heavier throughout the day, penetrating well inland, I wouldn't rule out a snow shower anywhere in England, although East will always be best in this scenario. Monday night looking particularly interesting.. heavy snow and showers merging into longer periods of snow looks likely.

Of course snowfall amounts are always hard to pinpoint, but I wouldn't rule out local falls in excess of 10cm's in Eastern areas, even to lower levels. A covering of snow is likely for most Eastern and Central areas by Tuesday. A dusting of snow in Western areas (and more locally) can also be expected. Tuesday AM is where things get interesting, things become a little more marginal and certainly southern areas are at risk of seeing a wintry mix. The further North and East you are the better, some areas, especially those on higher ground, could see snowfall continue throughout Tuesday and beyond...

Enjoy it folks... the specifics can still change, but at least in the shortterm, snowfall for Eastern and Central areas is pretty much nailed on! :)

Edited by Polar Low

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

I think all we can do now is sit back and see how this develops. Snow is going to effect this country at some point early next week, it's just a question of where and how much.

It is always going to be hit and miss for my locale in any situation. This one is no different.