Which Location Will The Easterly Affect The Most  

165 members have voted

1. 1. How Will The Easterly Affect Your Location

• England
    • Scotland
    • Ireland
    • Wales

Posted

-7 with wind chill I'm in heaven!!!!!!!!!!

Posted
-7 with wind chill I'm in heaven!!!!!!!!!!

sounds good,, and i've also saved the radar websites you posted in model thread= all ready for sunday now hopefully :D

Posted

Is this Easterly going to last all week or is it just a 2 day cold snap? I want to use my sledge in the Cotswolds before it all gets washed away by rain :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

well this area has just seen a significant upgrade and the "milder" spell isn't as mild as it was, so here's crossing my fingers for that trend to continue and we see a week and more of proper old school winter weather :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

I got a letter from the school today saying in light of the weather forecast for next week please check radio/website to see if we are closed.

Ramped me right up that did!

Posted
After all this i really hope we do get some snow.

Richard Angwin, BBC Points West forecaster, 18.54 today, 80% certain we will get snow Monday into Tuesday, wouldn't be drawn on how much at this stage.

Posted

Thought I should re-post my thoughts here too...

We are now on the verge of some of the biggest snowfalls seen in the UK in the last 20 years IMO. Over ramping? I don't think so.

Eastern areas Sunday into Monday could see falls in excess of 10-20cm's, even to lower levels... and if things remain on the right side of marginal overnight monday into tuesday morning these amounts could be exceeded.. especially over high ground and not to mention drifts in a strong Easterly wind!

If thats not enough for you, things starting to come together now and it seems we will experiance a reload with a NE'ly! Hold tight and keep your fingers crossed folks... we are so close to the biggest widespread winter spell since the internet began...

Posted
we are so close to the biggest widespread winter spell since the internet began...

actually i had that last year.. but this may beat it!! :air_kiss:

Posted

And this is the text on the BBC Weather website for Monday :air_kiss: ...

Monday

Western Scotland and western Northern Ireland may stay dry. Other areas will be cloudy with snow, which may be heavy and disruptive, particularly in the east. Feeling bitterly cold in strong easterly winds.

Posted

Evening had john the local gritter close friend off mine down here he pulled up and said to me bet your loveing the latest on the weather i said whats going to happen he has had a meeting with the local area managers and they have been told london could see its biggest snowfall in 14 years especially where i am in the south western suberb"s i said how much are we looking at he said anything from 6cm upwards could well be 14cms easy. He said he will give me a bell tommrow and keep me informed. so i will keep you all informed this is getting serious now for these parts.

Edited by LLWA

Posted
Thought I should re-post my thoughts here too...

We are now on the verge of some of the biggest snowfalls seen in the UK in the last 20 years IMO. Over ramping? I don't think so.

Eastern areas Sunday into Monday could see falls in excess of 10-20cm's, even to lower levels... and if things remain on the right side of marginal overnight monday into tuesday morning these amounts could be exceeded.. especially over high ground and not to mention drifts in a strong Easterly wind!

If thats not enough for you, things starting to come together now and it seems we will experiance a reload with a NE'ly! Hold tight and keep your fingers crossed folks... we are so close to the biggest widespread winter spell since the internet began...

One of the biggest snowfall events in the UK and your banging on about the east!

Posted
Evening had john the local gritter close friend off mine down here he pulled up and said to me bet your loveing the latest on the weather i said whats going to happen he has had a meeting with the local area managers and they have been told london could see its biggest snowfall in 14 years especially where i am in the south western suberb"s i said how much are we looking at he said anything from 6cm upwards could well be 14cms easy. He said he will give me a bell tommrow and keep me informed. so i will keep you all informed this is getting serious now for these parts.

no need, we have that in june up here :lol: