Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Today's Weather And General Chat

grab my graupel

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

A dull ,cloudy day here with rain this morning,becoming dry during the afternoon. Not as windy as yesterday.

Max temp 6.1c,currently 6.0c

Posted

A day of mainly overcast skies but wih a few short periods of sun. Temp at 4.4C earlier today but was soon on the slide after lunchtime. Currently 0.3C but with an East wind that cuts through you.

Posted

Alot of high cloud today which made the sunshine rather hazy at times, noticed bits and pieces of low cloud floating which is of corse the first signs of an Easterly digging in. Now the skies are totally covered with a stratus layer of cloud.

I looked on today's top 20 and i was surprised too see high single figures and low double figures recorded in Scotland, i assume a small fohn affect from the highlands perhaps? Glasgow Airport record 10C this afternoon, i don't seem to recall the beeb saying the temps would of been that high here so it seems GFS/UKMO undercooked today's temps slightly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

Haddington , East Lothian , 60M ASL 31/1/09 21:26 GMT

Outdoor Temperature : 4.2C

Outdoor Humidity : 77%

Wind Speed : Light

Wind Direction : N/A

Pressure : 1009.1mb , rising

Current Weather : Cloudy

Weather Forecast for SW Scotland , Lothian and Borders :

Outbreaks of rain in the far west will clear away westwards, then all areas will have a dry and increasingly cold night with strong east or southeasterly winds persisting. There will be a frost in many places by morning.

Posted

Gale force SE wind here tonight by the sound of the wind roaring between the house and the farm steading and 4c. I make a prediction that winter is certainly not over yet and this is not based on the models as we now have weekly trips to Glasgow after my sons kidney transplant in December and I can see disruptive winter weather is just bound to happen. On one occasion driving back from Glasgow at New Year I saw 3 cars off the road, one on its roof as the side roads were just sheet ice. February was always the coldest month of the year 40 years ago and I guarantee this one is going to be just the same as we are committed to lots of travelling.

Posted

Wind Speed 11.6 mph

Wind Gust 16.3 mph

Wind Direction 120.0 °

Temperature 2.8 °C

Wind Chill -5.2 °C

Dew Point 0.0 °C

Humidity 81.0 %

Pressure 1016.0 mBars

Rainfall 0 mm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Very windy and cold +1c gusts up to 25mph+

Posted

Still 3.1C here so nothing special so far at all. The wind is freezing though.

I suspect we'll remain above freezing for much of this cold snap due to our proximity to the North Sea.